Intelligent Auto or iAuto is the camera's fully automatic shooting mode, taking full control of all of the camera's settings for you. Pressing the INFO button on the back of the camera allows you to change the amount and type of information that shown on the OLED screen. You have the ability to see a full range of information as well as a compass/gps mode that will show you where to find landmarks and other places if the correct settings are turned on.
Program mode is another fully automatic shooting mode that gives you some control over the camera settings. Aperture and Shutter Speed will always be taken care of by the camera, while everything else is at your disposal. This allows for some creative freedom while shooting.
For specific or tricky shooting situations, the camera's scene modes can be a great way to get the shot that you are looking for. The camera's iAuto mode will select from some of these if it thinks it is necessary, but this is the best way to make sure the correct mode is always chosen.
While there is no full manual control, the TG-2 does offer Aperture Priority mode. Here you can set the aperture to what you need, giving you more control and creative freedom. With its f/2.0 lens, the possibility for shallow depth of field and great low-light performance are available here.
Program Shooting Menu:
- Reset - Restore the camera to the factory defaults
- Compression - Fine, Normal
- Shadow Adjust - Auto, Off, On
- AF Mode - Face/iESP, Spot, AF Tracking
- Metering - ESP, Spot
- Digital Zoom - On or Off
- Image Stabilizer - On or Off
- Accessory Settings - Remote Flash and Conversion Lens
- AF Illuminat. - On or Off
- REC View - On or Off
- Pic Orientation - On or Off
- Icon Guide - On or Off
- Date Stamp - On or Off
- Super-Res Zoom - On or Off
- Image Size - 1080p, 720p, VGA, HS 120fps, HS 240fps
- IS Movie Mode - On or Off
- Audio Recording - On or Off
- Wind Noise Reduction - On or Off
- Recording Volume - Normal, Low