Playback Screens & Menus
The Playback button on the Nikon D500 is in the upper left corner of the back of the camera. Press it to see the images and movies you have stored on either of the DSLR's memory cards.
When viewing an individual photo on the D500's LCD screen, you'll see data about the currently displayed photo across the bottom of the screen, including the resolution, the image quality, and the date and time the image was recorded. Press the upward button on the four-way button to see additional information on the screen, including a histogram.
You can use the Playback menu, as discussed below, to add other data to the screen, such as an RGB histogram.
To play a movie stored on the camera's memory card, just touch the Play icon in the middle of the screen or press the middle of the four-way button. A progress bar will appear in the lower left corner of the screen to indicate the time expired in the playing of the movie.
You can see data about the stored movie on the screen, just as you would with a still image. Press the upward part of the four-way button to see additional data, including a histogram.
To edit the movie press the i button in the lower right corner of the back of the camera.
Press the Menu button on the back of the D500 to gain access to the Playback menu, indicated by the Play icon on the tab in the upper left portion of the screen. The Playback menu options are:
- Delete - Selected, All
- Playback Folder - ND500, All, Current
- Hide Image - Select/Set, Deselect All
- Playback Display Options - Focus Point, None/Image Only, Highlights, RGB Histogram, Shooting Data, Overview
- Copy Images - Select Source, Select Images, Select Destination Folder, Copy Images
- Image Review - On, Off
- After Delete - Show Next, Show Previous, Continue As Before
- After Burst, Show - First Image in Burst, Last Image in Burst
- Auto Image Rotation - On, Off
- Rotate Tall - On, Off
- Slide Show - Start, Image Type (Still Images and Movies, Still Images Only, Movies Only), Frame Interval (2 sec, 3 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec)
- Select to Send to Smart Device - Select Images, Deselect All
- NEF/RAW Processing
- Trim - 3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 1:1, 16:9
- Resize - Select Image, Choose Destination (SD card, CF card), Choose Size (2.5M, 1.1M, 0.6M, 0.3M)
- D-Lighting - Low, Medium, High
- Red-Eye Correction
- Distortion Control - Auto, Manual
- Perspective Control - 40 horizontal settings, 40 vertical settings
- Filter Effects - Skylight, Warm Filter
- Monochrome - Black and White, Sepia, Cyanotype
- Image Overlay
- Edit Movie - Choose Start/End Point, Save Selected Frame
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.