Nikon Coolpix S8100 Preview
Today, Nikon released information on the Coolpix S8100, a small pocket camera that's designed for speed and action shots. The Nikon S8100 uses a pre-shooting cache to capture 2 shots before the shutter-release is completely pressed and can shoot up to 10 frames per second. Other features include a 12.1-megapixel sensor, 10x optical zoom, 1080p video recording and subject tracking for high action shots. The S8100 also comes with a 3.0-inch high-res LCD display and the ability to record up to 120 fps in sports continuous mode.
We are looking forward to testing this unit in the months to come, so stay tuned as we update this page once we get our hands on a full production unit. Nikon Coolpix S8100 Major Features:
- 3.0-inch LCD High Resolution, 921K-dot Touch Screen
- Shoots five full resolution Frames per second (Up to 10 fps)
- 12.1-megapixel backside illumination CMOS Sensor
- 10x Wide Angle Optical Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens (30‐300mm, 35mm equivalent)
- Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization System
- HD (1080p) Movie Recording with HDMI output, stereo sound
- Smart Portrait System, Scene Auto Selector, Subject Tracking
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC type memory cards
The Nikon Coolpix S8100 is scheduled to be released in stores in late September 2010 for a MSRP of $299.95 US. It comes in three different colors: Black, Red and Gold.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.