Pressing the play button enters the camera into playback mode. Once in playback mode you can change the amount of information that is shown about each image. You can also rate your images, which will make it easy to find your favorites based on the number of stars that you give them.
The "-" magnifying glass takes you to the index mode. Here you can see thumbnails of the images that are stored on the memory card. This is a great way to quickly and easily find the images that you are looking for.
Using the "+" magnifying glass lets you zoom in on an image. This allows you to check for focus and small details while you are out shooting instead of waiting until you have a computer in front of you. Once you have zoomed in, the 4-way controller allows you to scroll around the image.
The playback menu allows you to search, erase, and mark images for upload. There are several editing options available as well as a slideshow option and program to help you make photobooks. In-camera RAW conversion is also available when if you prefer to shoot in RAW only mode.
Cropping or trimming your image is possible on the camera, via the crop option in the menu system. This is a fast and easy way to do a basic crop without the need for a computer.
Image rotate allows you to change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time. Again no need for a computer.
The X100S gives you basic movie playback controls, which allow you to watch your home movies on the LCD screen, with sound coming from a built-in speaker. With an optional HDMI cable, you can playback these videos on a HDTV.
- Date/Time - Set the date and time in the camera
- Time Difference - Home, Local
- Language - Set the language for the displayed text
- Reset - Reset all camera menu options and camera settings to factory defaults
- Silent Mode - On, Off
- Frame Number - Continuous, Renew
- Focus Ring - Clockwise, Counter clockwise
- Focus Check - On, Off
- Focus Scale Units - Meters, Feet
- Sound Set-up - Operation Volume, Shutter Volume, Shutter Sound
- Screen Set-Up - Image Disp, EVF/LCD Brightness, Monitor Sunlight Mode, Auto rotate PB, Background Color
- Power Management - Auto Power Off, High Performance
- OVF Power Save Mode - On or Off
- Shutter Count - Number of images taken by the camera
- Eye-Fi Transfer - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory