Playback Screens & Menus
When you press the playback button on the LCD, the last
picture taken is displayed. Part of the fun of the SD3500 is that you can scroll through the images in three different ways. The basic way is to tap the left or right side of the screen. The upgrade from that is to just swipe a finger across the screen in the direction you would like to scroll. The last and more ingenious way is to bump the side of the camera on either the left or right to scroll.
Pressing the DISP. button will change the format in which you view the stored images by either showing a standard format or smaller image with a histogram and file information or lastly a smaller image paired with a close-up of the focal point.
You can quickly search through stored images using the Index playback
which is activated by maneuvering the Wide/Zoom control toggle. The LCD
will display up to 130 images at one time depending on how many times
the toggle is pressed.
Zooming in on an image is as simple as tapping the screen. To continue to zoom in or out, either tap the screen or tap either of the magnifying glass icons. The playback zoom goes up to 10x's magnification.
Movie clips can be played in the camera with audio thanks to the built-in mono speaker. When a movie clip is on the screen a large "play" symbol will appear over the image. Press this and the clip will start playing.
Tapping the screen during playback of a movie will bring up this row of options. Here you can fast forward, rewind or edit the movie.
- Slide Show - Runs a slide show of all the images on the memory card
- Erase All - Erase all images from the memory card
- Protect - Protect an image from being deleted
- Rotate - Change the orientation of your image by 90° at a time
- Favorites - Tag an image or movie clip as a favorite
- My Category - Sorts images by category
- i-Contrast - Retain shadow detail in high contrast scenes
- Red-Eye Correction- Removes redness from the eyes of your subjects
- Trimming - Trim an image to a specified area
- Resize - Save a smaller copy of a photograph
- My Color - Apply various color effects
- Active Display - Switch images by tapping the sides of the camera
- Scroll Display - Displays image before and after current image
- Resume - Select the image that will be seen when you turn the camera to playback mode
- Transition - Select a transition for browsing your photos
- Set touch Actions - register functions to Touch Actions
- Select Images & Qty.
- Select All Images
- Clear All Selections
- Print Settings
Camera Setup Menu:
- Mute - On or Off
- Volume - Change the volume for the different sounds and movie playback
- Sound Options - Set various camera sounds
- Hints & Tips - Displays hints and tips
- LCD Brightness - Adjust the brightness of the LCD screen
- Start-up Image - On or Off
- Color Option - Change screen color
- Format - Format the memory card
- File Numbering - Continuous, Auto Reset
- Create Folder - Create a folder on the memory card for saving your photographs
- Lens Retract - 0 sec, 1 min
- Power Saving - Auto Power Down (On or Off), Display Off (10, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 minutes)
- Time Zone - Set home and world time zones
- Date/Time - Set the date and time
- Video System - NTSC or PAL
- Calibration - Calibrates touch screen
- Language - Choose from one of the many languages
- Reset All - Reset all options back to the factory defaults
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.