Pressing the playback button, which is on top of the camera, takes you to playback mode. Here you can view all of the images that you have captured to your SD card. Again pressing the DISP. button allows you to change the amount of information shown about the image. There is even a view to check the focus point of the image.
Pressing the wide zoom button enters the camera into index mode, which shows a group of thumbnails of your images. This allows you to quickly search through and find a particular image.
Pressing the other zoom button, telephoto, allows you to zoom in on a single image. Once you have zoomed in, you can use the 4-way controller to scroll around the image.
The print menu is for direct printing from the camera to a printer via USB. This allows you to control how, what and how many images you want to print.
Playback menu option:
- Slideshow - Start an automated slideshow of your images
- Erase - erase files from the SD card
- Protect - Protect an image or video from deletion
- Rotate - Rotate an image 90 degrees at a time
- Favorites - Add a files to your favorites
- My Category - Organize image by category
- Photobook Set-up - Choose up to 998 images to be transferred to your PC with the included software and USB cable to create a photobook
- i-Contrast - Adjust the brightness of a photo
- Red-eye Correction - Correct Red-eye in your photos
- Trimming - Crop out a portion of an image
- Resize - Alter the size of a photo
- My Colors - Change the look of your photo: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, B&W, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tones, Darker Skin Tones, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom
- Active Display - On or Off
- Scroll Display - On or Off
- Auto Rotate - On or Off
- Resume - Last Shot or Last Seen
- Transition - Fade, Scroll, Slide, or Off
i-Contrast will auto adjust the image to bring out more color and contrast, that will really make your images pop. This can be done after you have captured an image or it can be turned on before in the shooting menu.
Rotate allows you to change the orientation of an image by 90° at a time. This is a fast and easy way rotate an image on the camera without the need for a computer.
Your recorded movies can be played back via the LCD screen on the camera, a standard TV or a HDTV. With all of these options the movies play very smoothly and the camera gives you full control, much like that of a DVR.