Canon EOS 1D Mark III SLR Review
Pressing the MENU button on the back of the camera calls up the various menus on the large color LCD.
There is a small navigation control button below the eyecup that you use to move through the menus.
Shooting Menu 1
- White balance: This allows you to select from the following White Balance presets: Auto, Daylight,
Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom or by Color Temperature
- Custom WB regist.: There are 2 ways to register custom white balance data. You can
either take a photo and register it or register an image already saved on the memory card
- WB SHIFT/BKT: Used to make WB bracket correction: B/A/M/G (blue/amber/magenta/green) bias, 9 levels each and
WB-BKT: B/A (blue/amber) and M/G (magenta/green) bias, single level increments, +/- 3 levels
- Color space: Select from sRGB or Adobe RGB
- Picture style: Sets the style characteristics for various subjects, options include:
- Standard - Natural hue and chroma, best for capturing natural color tone.
- Portrait - Sets the hue and chroma for ideal skin tones.
- Landscape - Adjusts hue and chroma to match high-saturation slide film.
- Neutral - Corresponds to Adobe RGB color space.
- Faithfull - Lowers chroma, for more subdued color tones.
- Monochrome - Custom set 1
- User Def. - Custom setting for 3 user defined Picture Styles
Shooting Menu 2
- JPEG quality: Sets jpeg compression rate
- Image size: Sets the image size (recorded pixels), Image Type (JPEG, RAW. sRaw) and quality
- Review time: Off, 2 sec., 4 sec., 8 sec. or Hold
- Beep: On or Off
- Shoot w/o card: On or Off
- Dust Delete Data: Obtain dust-mapping data to eliminate spots with the bundled software
Setup Menu 1
- Auto power off: 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min., 30 min., Off
- Record func+media/folder sel.: Specify how images are recorded to the memory card(s)
- File numbering: Continuous, Auto reset, Manual reset
- File name setting: file name (unique setting), User setting 1, User setting 2
- Auto rotate: On or Off
- Format: Format and erase data from a memory card
Setup Menu 2
- LCD brightness: Seven brightness levels possible
- Date/Time: Set the date and time
- Language: Select from 18 languages
- Video system: NTSC or PAL formats
- Battery info.: Detailed battery information
- Live view function settings: Live View shooting - On or Off, Grid Display - On or Off
- External Speedlite control: Flash function settings
Setup Menu 3
- Save/load settings on media: Save profile settings to a media card for later use, Save or Load
- Regist/apply basic settings: Save basic settings to a media card, Register or Apply
- Clear all camera settings: Resets camera to default settings
- Sensor cleaning: Auto, Clean now, Clean manually
- Firmware Ver.: Shows the current camera firmware version
- WFT settings: Displayed only when the WFT-E2/E2A (Wireless File Transfer) adapter is attached
Custom Functions Menu
- C. Fn I: Exposure: Exposure level increments
- C. Fn II: Image/Flash exp/Disp: Noise reduction, Tone Priority, Flash Metering, Shutter Sync
- C. Fn III: Auto focus/Drive: USM lens electronic MF, AI Servo sensitivity, AI Servo image priority
- C. Fn IV: Operation/Others:Shutter button/AF-On, AF-ON/AE lock, Quick Control Dial metering
- Clear all Custom Func.: Clears all Custom Function settings
- C. Fn setting register/apply: Custom Function settings are saved and applied to camera
- My Menu settings: Save frequently used menu items and Customs Functions
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.