POWERFUL NEW L100 PACKS PERFORMANCE, HIGH-POWERED ZOOM AND ADVANCE FUNCTIONS INTO AN EASY TO USE CAMERA The L100 Boasts 15x Zoom and High-Speed Shooting
MELVILLE, NY (Feb. 2, 2009) - Nikon Inc. today introduced the new L100, a powerful photographic tool that blends ease-of-use with advanced shooting functions. Optimized for action shots, high-powered zoom and simple operation, the L100 is equipped and ready to help capture every precious moment with quality and clarity that will make lasting memories an even greater joy. The L100 is one of three new L-Series cameras announced today. For consumers seeking a fully-featured camera at a competitive price, Nikon also introduced the L20 and L19, presenting consumers with a strong value proposition.
"The L100 represents a fantastic choice for the family photographer who needs to capture everything from soccer games to portraits," said Bill Giordano, General Manager Marketing, COOLPIX for Nikon Inc. "It also extends our tradition of previous L-Series cameras, combining ease-of-use, high performance and a tremendous value for consumers."
The L100 achieves its versatility through its 15x Optical Zoom-NIKKOR lens. Covering 28mm wide-angle to 420mm super-telephoto shooting, the lens' broad focal range can readily handle everything from landscapes and group shots, to tight close-ups and shots taken from a distance.
Additional features of the 10.0-megapixel L100 include:
- Large, bright 3.0-inch high-resolution LCD with anti-reflection coating for easy composition and reviewing of images.
- New Sport Continuous Scene Mode for shooting at up to 13fps (up to 30 frames when consumers set the resolution to 3MP or lower). This high-speed capture setting helps photographers stay ahead of the action, whether on the football, baseball or soccer fields.
- 4-Way Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization
- Optical VR image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by moving the image sensor, producing clearer, sharper results in lower lighting or unsteady conditions.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO 3200ii capability creates new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos in lower light conditions.
- Nikon's original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the user presses the shutter, and saves the sharpest image.
- Smart Portrait System, which integrates the following to make it a snap to capture stunning portrait photos of friends and family:
- In-Camera Red-Eye FixTM, which automatically fixes most instances of red-eye.
- Enhanced Face-Priority AF, which can detect up to 12 faces from a variety of angles, including straight on, from the side, or even in a multitude of three-quarter positions.
- Smile Mode, which automatically detects when your subject smiles and releases the shutter.
- Blink Warning, which displays a warning message, should the camera detect that the subject has blinked.
The new L100 camera will be available nationwide beginning April 2009 and will retail for .95.
COOLPIX L20 and L19
Nikon complements the L100 with two new cameras that successfully blend features and price to create a strong value proposition. The L19 (8.0 megapixels) and L20 (10 megapixels) cameras leverage proven Nikon innovations, including NIKKOR Glass Lenses, EXPEED Digital Image Processing concept, Smart Portrait System, Motion Detection and Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector. These features combine to create digital compact cameras that combine high performance with outstanding operating ease.
The design of the L19 and L20 cameras complement Nikon's technology innovation to offer ease-of-use, versatility and portability. For example, the large high-resolution 3.0-inch (L20) and 2.7-inch (L19) LCD monitors offer a bright image that consumers can easily view, even outdoors. The cameras also include dedicated buttons on the top of the body, which make it easy for consumers to switch between shooting and playback modes, as well as contours on the large thumb rest and the body itself to ensure a solid grip. Finally, the cameras are powered by (2) AA-batteries, available anywhere.
The L20 will be available in Deep Red beginning February 2009 and will retail for .95. The L19 will be available in Bright Silver beginning February 2009 and will retail for .95.
For more information about the new L-Series COOLPIX cameras, as well as the full line of COOLPIX products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image. Nikon Inc. is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; COOLSCAN digital film scanners; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics. For the second consecutive year, Nikon D Series digital SLR cameras are recognized as "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with digital SLR cameras, Two Years in a Row, Tied in 2008." according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 and 2008 Digital Camera Usage and Satisfaction StudiesSM. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., recently celebrated its 75th anniversary of NIKKOR optics and announced the production of over 45 million NIKKOR SLR interchangeable lenses. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-UX or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers to the Web's most comprehensive photo learning and sharing communities.