Mustek Introduces the MDC530Z, Company’s Most Advanced Five-Megapixel Digital Camera
-- Stylish, Compact Camera Delivers Prosumer Photography Performance at an Entry-Level Price, Captures MPEG4 Movies & Operates as Web Cam --
LAS VEGAS, NV (January 5, 2006) — In an aggressive move to position itself for leadership in the competitive five-megapixel digital camera category, Mustek today unveiled its MDC530Z camera boasting 2560 x 1920 resolution, a 2.0 inch LCD, 3X optical zoom AF lens, and exciting MPEG4 moviemaking.
Priced at .99 (U.S), the MDC530Z digital camera is currently available at select retailers and on-line sites. It will be on display at Mustek booth #70371 and 70372 at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) opening today in Las Vegas.
"With the introduction of the MDC530Z, Mustek is putting the industry on notice that we are targeting consumers frustrated with the high prices and lack of user-friendly features found in the 5MP digital cameras sold by other brands," said Bill Nguyen, Director of Marketing and Sales Development, Mustek USA.
Mustek MDC Series digital cameras have won several international awards, including the 2004 DIMA Digital Camera Shoot Out. The MDC530Z continues that award-winning tradition with an array of features that make it stand out in a crowded market:
- The 5-megapixel CCD has low noise and a superior dynamic range for better tonal quality, more natural skin tones and smoother gradations when compared to conventional CCDs. Mustek’s know-how has succeeded in accommodating this larger CCD into a compact, stainless steel body (3.5’’ x 2.4’’ x 1.1’’). Available resolutions are 2560 x 1920, 2048 x 1536, 1280 x 960 and 640 x 480 in JPEG format perfect for large-scale color-rich printing. Hardware interpolation extends resolution choice to 7MB performance (3072 x 2304)
- The generously proportioned 2.0-inch LCD is big enough to share photos and video clips with friends at the camera without having to download images to a PC monitor to enjoy. The TFT-LCD brings to life images with its 882 x 228 pixel resolution, plus provides a larger display for clearer reading of menus.
- The camera’s all-glass optics maximize the performance of the CCD for fine, detailed images, even in close-up. The consistently sharp AF lens (F=2.8-4.8, f=5.4-16.2mm) has an auto focal range from 1.5m to infinity, plus allows photographers to use the 3x optical zoom in conjunction with a 4x digital zoom to seamlessly extend shooting range to 12X zoom.
- Intelligent, easy to navigate manual controls give more experienced photographers opportunities to be creative. These include fine-tuning white balance, exposure and flash settings, plus a host of scene modes that automatically control color reproduction, contrast, and sharpness to assure ideal photographic results in sometimes tricky shooting conditions.
- Mustek is a leader and innovator in digital convergence technology. It has brought this extensive knowledge to the MDC530Z in the form of 320 x 240 resolution MPEG4 moviemaking, and in the ability to use the camera as a PC Cam for Internet video chat, video e-mail and creating video clips for uploading to personal websites. Software such as Microsoft® Net Meeting instantly transforms the MDC530Z into a videoconferencing camera.
- With its USB 1.1 interface, the MDC530Z simplifies downloading to a Windows PC, as well as one-step direct printing to a compatible photo printer. In addition, the included AV cable enables viewing of video clips and photos on a television for greater enjoyment.
- For all day shooting fun, the MDC530Z has 16MB internal memory capable of storing up to 383 photos (VGA, economy mode). It also has a built-in card slot compatible with SD cards up to 1GB. Using the 1GB card, photographers can easily capture thousands of high-resolution shots before having to download.
The MDC530Z comes with USB and AC cables, user manual, software CD for editing, managing and sharing photos, camera pouch and strap, 2AA batteries and an AC power adapter.
For more information, please visit www.mustek.com or call 949-790-3800.
About Mustek, Inc.
Founded in 1988, Mustek is a leading manufacturer of innovative imaging products integrating new technologies to improve and expand the consumer’s ability to explore the future of digital vision. Mustek was first established with a focus on handheld and flatbed scanners. It has now grown to include an extensive line of consumer electronics such as digital cameras, digital camcorders, DVD players, home theater systems, portable electronics and computer peripherals. Located in Hsin-Chu, Taiwan, Mustek's manufacturing facilities are world leaders (by volume) of scanner production. Mustek USA is the North American arm of Mustek and is located in Irvine, California.