CAPTURE THE MOMENT AS YOUR EYE SEES IT WITH FUJIFILM'S FINEPIX F60fd DIGITAL CAMERA
Powerful New Addition to Fujifilm's Award-Winning F-Series Raises The Bar for Compact Digital Cameras
Valhalla, NY, August 12, 2008 – FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today introduced the FinePix F60fd, a versatile, compact digital camera that makes it easier than ever for consumers to take great pictures in any conditions. As the latest addition to Fujifilm's award-winning F-Series lineup, the FinePix F60fd, like the FinePix F50fd before it, combines intuitive use with the most advanced features and technology available, enabling photographers of all levels to capture the moment as their eye sees it.
Featuring a 12-MegaPixel 1/1.6" Super CCD HR, 3.0x optical zoom and a new, extra large 3.0" LCD, the FinePix F60fd combines ease of use with a range of powerful features users have come to expect from Fujifilm's more advanced digital cameras. With the addition of Dual Image Stabilization, Face Detection 3.0 Technology with Automatic Red Eye Removal function, and new SR AUTO (Scene Recognition) mode, the F60fd takes compact digital cameras to a new level, arming users with a host of features and enabling them to take pictures never before possible.
Debuting on the FinePix F60fd, Fujifilm's new SR AUTO (Scene Recognition)mode automatically identifies subjects, scenes and faces and adjusts exposure, focus, white balance and ISO accordingly to ensure clarity and sharpness, regardless of background.
Fujifilm's FinePix F60fd offers the following impressive features:
- Face Detection 3.0 with Automatic Red Eye Removal: Fujifilm's proprietary Face Detection 3.0 detects up to 10 human faces in a scene in as little as 0.036 seconds, fast enough to detect a subject in motion, and automatically corrects focus and exposure. The FinePix F60fd is able to identify faces at more extreme camera angles than before, and can register faces with up to 90ΒΊ movement in either direction for profiles, and up to 360ΒΊ, yielding perfect portraits even if the subject is tilted or upside down. After a shot is captured, each detected face is instantly checked for red eye; if it is found, it is corrected automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it later.
- Dual Image Stabilization: Fujifilm's Dual Image Stabilization mode combines a mechanically stabilized CCD sensor with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection.
- High Speed Continuous Shooting: With the ability to capture 5 frames per second for up to 12 continuous frames (3MP), the FinePix F60fd is fast enough to keep up with the action so you always get the shot you want.
- 13 Pre-programmed Scene Modes: The FinePix F60fd features 13 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait Enhancer, Sport and Sunset to name a few.
- Great Low Light Shooting: The FinePix F60fd can utilize ISO settings of up to 1600 at full resolution, 3200 at 6MP and 6400 at 3MP to capturing stunning images even in low light. And with Fujifilm's proprietary RP Processor II with Dual Noise Reduction, even low light images are sharp, clear and in true natural color.
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery: The long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery offers extended shot life so you can keep up with the action without worry.
- xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: The FinePix F60fd offers single-slot compatibility to accept not only Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too.
"The FinePix F60fd integrates all of Fujifilm's technological innovations into SR AUTO (Scene Recognition) mode making it even easier to capture the moment in true to life color and detail. By combining powerful photographic features such as high ISO Dual Image Stabilization, and Face Detection 3.0, the FinePix F60fd is the perfect all-in-one camera for photographers of all levels," said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.
The FinePix F60fd will begin shipping in September 2008 at a retail price of .95.
FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, providing digital and analog photographic Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media and Motion Picture Film products and services to consumers, professionals and businesses. For more information on Fujifilm U.S.A. products, customers can call 800-800-FUJI or visit www.fujifilmusa.com. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm U.S.A. via RSS, subscribe free at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
About FUJIFILM Corporation
FUJIFILM Corporation (NASDAQ:FUJI) brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, photofinishing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was ranked number 15 for U.S. patents granted in 2007, employs more than 70,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2008, had global revenues of .7 billion. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.