Photo Contest Rules
Contest - Official Rules
1. Eligibility: Steves-Digicams.com's Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of Internet Brands, Inc. ("Sponsor"), all employees of the named Contest Partner, all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Contest Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Contest entry period begins when the Contest is posted on and ends at Midnight (12:00 a.m. Pacific time) on the Contest's specified end date (the "Contest Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by visiting and accurately completing and submitting an online entry form, following the on-screen instructions. Limit one entry per person or email address. No robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries. Multiple entries by the same entrant using different email addresses, will invalidate all entries submitted by that entrant. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Multiple entries and mechanically reproduced copies are void.
4. License Grant: By submitting any photograph or information to Sponsor, you hereby grant to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photograph or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor include but are not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photograph.
5. Selection of Contest Winners/Odds: This "best of" photography Contest consists of 2 rounds of evaluation. In Round One, a panel of tors (the "Judges") select a daily photograph entry on the basis of creativity, originality and clarity (the "Judging Criteria"). The daily winners are selected by the Judges from all eligible entries received. Round One winners will not be notified directly. In Round Two, the Judges review that given month's Round One winning photographs (the actual number of which will vary depending upon the number of days in a given calendar month). From Round One winners, the Judges choose in their sole discretion, three Round Two finalists. Of the three Round Two finalists, one will be awarded a 1st place prize. Subject to availability, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded. Round Two winners will be selected on or within 5 business days after the specified end date of the Contest Period. Each Round Two winner will be notified by email to the email address submitted with the winner's entry, within 5 business days after the end of the Contest Period. In the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by the Judges. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be selected. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event that insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum Judging Criteria are submitted, as determined by the Judges and Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Odds of winning either Round One or Round Two of the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
6. Photography Contest Additional Rules: The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Each submitted photograph must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, covenants and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of Sponsor; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form. The photograph must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges and Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified. If the photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing use of the photograph. If you are unable to provide all required personal releases upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your entry may be disqualified. If any person appearing in any photograph is a minor in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. If you win, we will contact you if personal releases are needed. You do not need to send the release with your entry. You understand and intend that any photograph or information submitted by you to Sponsor may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photograph or information you submit to Sponsor. By submitting any photograph or information to Sponsor, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photograph or information submitted by you to Sponsor.
7. Prizes: Following selection by the Judges, Round One winners will have their photograph displayed on the homepage until the selection of the subsequent Round One winner. Round Two winners will have their photographs displayed on until the end of the subsequent Round Two Contest Period. Up to three Round Two prizes will be awarded; approximate retail value ("ARV") will vary by Contest; each such prize is subject to availability. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of an advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winner as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
8. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant's name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. The winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within 5 business days of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
10. Participants' Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Contest Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
11. Winners' List: For a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Internet Brands, Inc., Attn: Contest Winners' List, 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for a winners' list must be received within 30 days after the end of the Contest Period.
12. Sponsor: Internet Brands, Inc., 909 North Sepulveda Boulevard, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245