Write for Steve's Digicams!
Dear loyal readers, you may have noticed that Steve's Digicams is expanding out to other types of photography related articles beyond our camera news / reviews. We are excited to announce that we just started inviting guest writers, bloggers and photography gurus to contribute articles for our readers. We believe that everyone has a unique perspective regarding the world of photography and hope to bring that wealth of knowledge into our large community of digital camera enthusiasts.
Who Can Write for Us?
In short, anyone! It's not required that you are an established writer or blogger. However, if you have a photography-related site, that certainly helps! If you don't have a blog, you will need to provide us with a sample of your writing via document.
- Email Us with a short, but relevant description of yourself, your knowledge around photography and your field of interest.
- Include URLs to samples of your work.
- Suggest topics that you are excited to write about or types of articles that are interesting to you.
We are very interested in establishing fruitful relationships with guest writers. We can offer guidelines and suggestions along the way, if needed.
Benefits and Compensation
Over the last 13 years, Steve's Digicams has established itself as a significant voice in the digital camera community and we have seen amazing growth month after month. We want to put you in a position to gain exposure of your photography expertise and promote yourself to the massive audience that visits Steve's Digicams.
- Each guest writer is credited at the tail end of each article in the form of name, picture, short bio and any links to official websites and/or social networks. (Example of author credit)
- You and your work will receive exposure to well over 800,000 unique visitors a month and allow you to expand your network of contacts.
- Our links are set to follow, so you will be receiving 'link love' from our PR6 site to your website. (Very helpful for link building to improve SEO)
We are aware that this may not be enticing to everyone, but for those establishing a web presence in the photography industry, it will be invaluable.
For those not interested in these benefits, monetary compensation will be offered to those with a high level of experience. The amount of compensation is dependent on quality, frequency and volume of your articles. Before any of your work is published, we will have a definitive discussion on the payment conditions and publishing timeline.
What Should I Create?
To keep the level of quality in line with our current content, each article will need to follow guidelines regarding style and eloquence. We cannot promise that all guest articles submitted will be published if it doesn't meet that level of quality. Here are some of our areas of interest:
- Articles: Original, expert level articles that can make a meaningful impression on our audience. (Experiences in different fields of photography, helpful techniques, equipment guides, photographer interviews)
- Tutorials: Detailed, unique guides with step-by-step explanations. (Digital Photo software, SLR usage, Taking specific types of photographs, etc...)
- Inspiration: Lists of fantastic sources, showcases of excellent photographers, success stories around the industry.
- Roundups: Detailed rundowns of popular photography tools, web trends in photography and graphic design, photography contests, collections of specific types of photos, iPhone Photography apps, etc...
Ready to Share Your Expertise?
Would you like to get started? Click Here to email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.