Tamron announces 150-600mm ultra-telephoto zoom lensWritten by Mike Flacy
Currently on display at Salon de la Photo 2013 in France, the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD ultra-telephoto zoom lens has been designed for both full frame and APS-C sensors.
Available in Canon, Nikon, and Sony mounts, this will be the longest zoom lens in Tamron's product line. Features include:
- Tamron's VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) systems.
- When shooting in bright light, the optical coating suppresses ghosting and flare.
- Low-dispersion glass elements to counteract chromatic aberration.
- Nine-blade circular aperture to create background blur effects.
- Equivalent 233mm to 930mm focal length range when shooting with APS-C DSLR.
- Accessories: Redesigned, detachable tripod mount. Lens Hood.
- Weight: 4.3 pounds
- Length: 10.1 inches
Tamron hasn't announced a price or availability date of the lens. Comparatively, Tamron's SP 200-500mm lens can be found around a $950 price point online. However, that lens doesn't include Tamron's vibration compensation system and has a more narrow zoom range. Check Adorama for the latest price on the 200-500mm LINK