Sony Launches Bokeh Beast 100mm F2.8 STF G Master Lens
Sony announced the new FE 100mm F2.8 STF GM OSS Telephoto Prime Lens (model SEL100F28GM) for its Full Frame cameras. Sony says the 100mm F2.8 STF GM has been "built to produce truly unique, magnificent and beautiful bokeh while maintaining the exceptional standard of resolution that is showcased by Sony's entire line of flagship G Master series lenses."
In other words, this is Sony's highest quality bokeh lens ever.
At the heart of these capabilities, Sony designed a new 11-bladed aperture, included the ultra-precise quiet direct drive SSM (Super Sonic Motor) system, and added in an optical apodization lens element, which kinda like an ND filter that "increases in density towards the edges." The results smooth out the bokeh while adding "depth and dimensionality."
(For a full list of specs and features, click HERE.)
- f2.8 max aperture
- dust & moisture resistant
- 11-blade aperture
- optical apodization lens elemen
- support for both contrast AF & focal-plane phase detection
- quiet direct drive SSM (Super Sonic Motor)
- up to 0.25x close-up capabilities
- built-in macro switching ring
- built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization
- customizable focus hold button
- AF/MF switch
- aperture ring
Pricing & Availability
The FE 100mm F2.8 STF OSS GM Telephoto Prime Lens will be available in March (2017) for $1,500.