Panasonic will Update LUMIX DMC-LX5 Firmware
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX5 is getting a new firmware updated, dubbed "version 2.0", on September 13. Updates include:
- A revised auto focus algorithm for super fast AF speeds.
- A new High ISO Reduction Mode for images shot at ISO 1600 or 3200.
- An upgraded auto white balance for low light settings.
- Active Mode for POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization). This will help users shoot cleaner, hand held video.
- Miniature Effect Mode (aking to Tilt-Shift photography), which can be used for stills or video.
- The 60-second shutter speed limitation will be expanded to 250 seconds.
- The LCD viewfinder's color settings (brightness, contrast/saturation, red/blue tint) are getting adjusted to be more "true."
The LX5's new firmware will be available worldwide on September 13, 2011 at 1:00am ET by clicking here.