Olympus' New E-PL1 Digital PEN: Steve's First Look
Early this morning Olympus announced yet another Digital PEN model, the E-PL1. This affordable new EVIL camera boasts many of the same features we enjoyed on the E-P1 and E-P2, with a few changes.
Not only is this model much less expensive at $599 US for the zoom lens kit, but it also offers a built-in, manual pop-up flash unit, and a more compact aluminium frame.
Other key features include:
- 12.3-Megapixel image sensor
- Micro Four-Thirds lens mount system
- In-camera sensor-shift IS
- SuperSonic Dust Reduction system
- 2.7-inch LCD with 230k pixels
- 720p HD video recording
- Built-in flash unit
- New Shooting Tips and Live Guide functions
- Dedicated Movie mode shutter release
- Offered in three stylish colors (Black, Champagne Gold and Slate Blue)
Along side the E-PL1 announcement, Olympus also unveiled two new mFT M.ZUIKO lenses. The ultra wide M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 (equivalent to 18-36mm) and the versatile M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm F4.0-5.6 (equivalent to 28-300mm).Click Here to see the official Olympus press release.