Olympus Launches 4 New Cameras TodayOlympus rolled out four new camera models today, two in the Stylus Tough Series and two in the SP Ultra-Zoom Series.
The two new models in the Stylus Tough Series are the STYLUS TOUGH-8010 and STYLUS TOUGH-6020 (Available in Feb. 2010). Both models are able to take 14-megapixel pictures down to a temperature down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit, have a 5x optical zoom, 2.7" LCD, shoot 720p HD video, have AF tracking for wildlife and include a variety of photo filters. The main differences between the two cameras are:
- The 8010 can withstand a drop from 6.6 feet and 220 pounds of pressure, 6020 up to 5 feet.
- The 8010 can be used up to 33 feet underwater, the 6020 up to 16 feet.
- The 8010 is priced at an MSRP of $399.99, the 6020 at $299.99
The two new models in the SP Ultra-Zoom series are the SP-800UZ and the SP-600UZ. (Available in March 2010) Both cameras shoot 720p HD video, use the TruePic III image processor, include Olympus's new photo filters, allows for Panorama Photo stitching and has Olympus's AF tracking. The main differences between the two cameras are:
- The 800UZ offer 30X optical zoom (world's smallest camera with 30X at the moment), the 600UZ offers 15x optical zoom.
- The 800UZ uses a 14 megapixel image sensor and the 600UZ uses a 12 megapixel image sensor.
- The 800UZ uses a 3-inch LCD while the 600UZ uses a 2.7-inch LCD.
- The 800UZ uses a rechargeable Li-Ion battery and the 600UZ requires two AA batteries.
- Finally, the 800UZ is priced at an MSRP of $349.99 and the 600UZ at $249.99.