Joby's GorillaCam Enhances the iPhone Camera for FreeJoby, makers of the popular GorillaPod flexible tripod, just launched the GorillaCam App on the iPhone App store, a shockingly feature packed free app to enable some excellent photo taking utilities into your iPhone. Here's a rundown of the features:
- 3 Shot Burst - With one tap, the iPhone will take 3 consecutive photos and save them to the photo library. Certainly excellent for getting a shot without someone blinking.
- Self Timer - Assuming you have a tripod, the self-timer allows you to get into the shot. The timer can be set for intervals between 3 and 90 seconds.
- Time Lapse - This allows you to take multiple photos spaced at certain intervals. You can set the number of shots between 3 to 200 and the time interval between 1 and 120 seconds.
- Press Anywhere - Instead of tapping the camera icon at the bottom of the screen, you can tap anywhere on the screen to take a photo. Ideal for giving the camera to a friend to take a shot.
- Bubble Level - With the bubble level turned on, you can make sure that you are holding the iPhone level during a shot. The level is spread across a thin bar at the top of the screen.
- Grid Overlay - Likely reaching out more to the professional photographer, the grid overlay allows you to apply the rule of thirds to your photo composition.
You can download the GorillaCam app for free here: Link