Fantasea Releases All New Waterproof Housing for the Canon PowerShot G15Fantasea is known for their awesome underwater rigs for various Nikon and Canon point-n-shoot cameras. Yesterday they announced that they have an all new rig designed to work with Canon's PowerShot G15; the Fantasea FG15 Underwater Housing. This unit is certified down to a depth of up to 60 meters (200 feet), and gives you full access to the G15's camera controls. While that's impressive in itself, they claim this housing has been successfully tested down to 80 meters (240 feet). Like most of their housings, the FG15 is supported by a vast line of accessories and attachments; like lenses, lighting sets, filters, etc.
FG15 key features:
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Ergonomic design
- Full access to all camera controls & functions
with clearly marked controls
- Shock resistant
- Double O-ring seal
- Special mount for lighting accessories
- Removable double fiber optic cable connection
- Removable flash diffuser
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- Optional leak detector for increased confidence
- Dedicated video control button for easy video filming in any shooting mode
- Compatible with a wide range of underwater
- photo accessories
- Manufacturer's warranty included
They note on the announcement page that the retail price will be $575 USD, and that the housing is "coming soon". However, their main website shows the FG15 at $718.95 USD.
To learn more or to pre-order your FG15 today, visit the Fantasea website.