Canon Updates EOS 6D Firmware - Fixes YouTube ProblemThe EOS 6D offers up some impressive video, including the ability to shoot at 1080p at 30fps or 720p at up to 60fps. Unfortunately, a recent update made that capability all but useless for some users, thanks to a bug that made the videos unviewable on YouTube.
Firmware update 1.1.2 fixes this issue for the future, and Canon has issued a statement on a workaround for issues with video files corrupted in firmware version 1.0.9.
- Shoot a video snapshot and create a video snapshot album.
- Import the captured video snapshot album to your computer.
- Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
- Select the video snapshot album, and select [Edit Movie] in the [Edit] tab.
- MovieEdit Task will start.
- Select [Add Image] and select video snapshot album to add the movie snapshot.
- Select [Save] and [Save image type], and then click [Save].
You can download the update directly from Canon.