Sony SLT-A77 Preview
Another World's first is the A77's 3-way tilting LCD screen. Instead of one pivoting point, the A77's LCD has three (one on the body, and a dual-pivoting joint at the bottom of the display. This adds a great deal to the framing capabilities of this camera, allows you much more versatility over a fixed LCD screen. And, thanks to Sony's translucent-mirror technology, you can use the LCD to frame you photos with no worries about slower AF and shooting performance; like you'd encounter with any other DSLR system.
But, that's not all. The A77 has one more World's first under its sleeve, with the ability to capture still photos at 12fps at full, 24-megapixel resolution with full-time AF. This, and the ability to now record full HD (1920x1080) progressive AVCHD video are thanks to Sony's next generation BIONZ processing unit. Along with these blazing fast burst mode speeds, the A77 also boasts increased shooting performance and shutter response, thanks in part to an electronic first curtain.
As you look over the specs, it just keeps getting better. Like past SLT models, the A77 does not offer an optical viewfinder like one finds on all other DSLR systems. Instead, the A77 gives you a full-time live view image. This is projected to your eyes on an all new OLED "Tru-Finder" EVF, with 2.5 million dots of resolution. Autofocus is handled via a new 19-point AF system, with 11 cross-type sensors. The A77 is no doubt a powerhouse, that built for two things; unmatched speed and resolution.
We are itching to get our hands on one of these bad boys, so stay tuned as we update this page once Sony is gracious enough to send us a SLT-A77.
- Tough, weather sealed magnesium-alloy body
- World's first 24.3-megapixel APS-C Exmor HD CMOS image sensor
- Sony A-mount lenses system, compatible with all Sony and Minolta A-mount lenses
- New BIONZ processing system
- Burst shooting at 12fps @ 24-megapixels with full-time AF
- New OLED "Tru-Finder" EVF with 2.5 million dots
- 3.0-inch LCD with 3-way tilting and 921k dots
- Shutter rated at 150,000 cycles
- Fast 19-point AF system with 11 cross sensors and electronic first curtain
- New Object tracking AF
- Sony SteadyShot built into the body (all lenses are stabilized)
- New Shading, CA, and lens distortion correction in-camera
- Crop zoom (1.4 or 2.0x) at 12-megapixels
- Enhanced Translucent-Mirror Technology
- Now records AVCHD video in progressive format, full 1080/60p HD video, full-time AF, 24p option also available
- Auto HDR, Sweep Panorama, Multi-frame NR, and Hand-held Twilight modes
- Built-in GPS functionality
- Li-ion battery pack (good for 530 shots with LCD)
- Optional VG-C77AM vertical grip
- Sony SLT-A77 body only - $1400 US
- Sony SLT-A77 kit with new DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM (SAL1650) lens - $2000 US
- DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM lens by itself - $700 US
- The VG-C77AM vertical grip - $300
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|The Sony SLT-A77|
In Stock: Yes
|No seller reviews|