Sony SLT-A55V Preview
Pairing a new technology with two new SLR announcements today, Sony is rolling out Translucent Mirror Technology in the α55 (SLT-A55V) and α33 (SLT-A33) digital cameras. TMT increases the speed of continuous shooting to an impressive 10fps, and allows the α55 to focus faster than traditional dSLR cameras. In addition to the new mirror technology, Sony has paired that with a 15-point autofocus system allowing photographers to track moving targets more accurately. Other features of the α55 include 16.2-megapixels of resolution, full time live view, an articulated 3.0-inch LCD, 3D sweep panorama mode and 1080i HD video recording. Sony α55 DSLR key features:
- 23.5 X 15.6mm, 16.2-megapixel HD CMOS image sensor
- Full Time Live View
- Optical image stabilization
- Sweep Panorama Mode (Regular & 3D)
- 3-inch LCD screen with 921,600 pixels
- Smart Capture mode
- Records AVCHD video at 1920 x 1080 (1080i, 60ps) with stereo microphone
- Face Recognition Technology, can detect up to 8 faces
- 10fps continuous shooting
- Li-ion power source (330 images with viewfinder, 380 images with LCD monitor)
- Memory Stick PRO Duo, Pro-HG Duo, PRO-HG HX Duo media as well as SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card slots
The Sony α55 is scheduled for release in October for around $850 US for the camera body and 18-55mm lens kit. Purchasing the body alone will cost you around $750.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.