Sony NEX-C3 Preview
Some of the C3's improvements include enhanced Photo Creativity modes (Background Defocus, Color, Brightness, etc.), their new Picture Effects for both stills and video, New Soft Skin Effect, Customizable soft keys, and improved battery life (now up to 400 shots on a single charge).
Sony also unveiled two new NEX accessories along with the NEX-C3; the E-mount 30mm F3.5 Macro lens and a new external flash unit (the HVL-F20S). The new 30mm fixed view, macro lens boasts 1:1 magnification, ED glass, a minimum working distance of 0.95-inches (or 2.4cm), and three aspherical elements to help minimize aberrations and offer high-quality optical performance with impressive sharpness and contrast across the frame. The HVL-F20S boasts some added power (which was lacking with the included "clip-on" NEX flash), with a guide number of 20(m), and an adjustable head design for bounce options.
The NEX-C3 is the most appealing NEX model to date (as of 6/2011), so stay tuned as we update this page with our hands on review once we get a C3 in for testing in the coming weeks.
The NEX-C3 key features include:
- Updated body design with three color options: Silver, Pink and Black
- 16-megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS image sensor
- E-mount lens system
- BIONZ image processor
- 3.0-inch tilting LCD with 921k dots and Sony's TruBlack technology
- Focal plane shutter mechanism
Panorama functions (2D & 3D)
- MPEG-4, 720p HD video recording with stereo sound
- JPEG and RAW image capture (RAW+JPEG too)
- High-speed 25-point contrast AF system
- Intelligent Auto exposure mode
- Auto HDR
mode (3 frame)
- New Picture Effects
- Enhanced Photo Creativity options help users capture more creative photos easily
- 2.5fps burst in normal mode, 5.5fps using
Speed Priority mode
- New user friendly GUI
- Improved battery life (now up to 400 shot per charge)
- MS Duo Pro, SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory card compatibility
- NEX-3 + E 16mm F/2.8 (SEL16F28) lens for $599.95 US
- NEX-3 + E 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 OSS (SEL1855) lens for $649.95 US
- The new HVL-F20S, NEX compatible flash unit will start shipping in August as well for approx. $149.95 US
- The new E 30mm F3.5 Macro lens (SEL30M35) will be available this fall (October) for $249.95 US
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Nikon 500mm 1000mm Telephoto Lens For Canon Rebel Xs T1i T2i T3 T3i T4i Digital Slr Ca|
In Stock: Yes