Sony NEX-5N Preview
For starters, Sony has incorporated a newly designed 16-megapixel Exmor APS-C HD image sensor. Coupled with the next generation of their BIONZ processor, the NEX-5N can capture stunning photos, along with full 1920x1080 AVCHD progressive video at 60 or 24fps. This new sensor and processor combination also afford improved shooting performance, and burst shooting at up to 10fps at full resolution.
Sony has also incorporated a tilting touchscreen LCD, that allows you to control the camera with inputs from your finger tips. However, the soft keys coexist with the touchscreen, allowing you to choose which method is most comfortable for you to control the camera.
Check back in the coming weeks as we update this page once we get our hands on a NEX-5N.
- Sleek and stylish magnesium-ally body
- 16.1-megapixel Exmor APS-C HD CMOS image sensor
- Sony's E-mount lens system
- Newly designed BIONZ image processor
- Full HD (1080p) AVCHD video recording (60p ot 24p)
- JPEG and RAW image capture (RAW+JPEG too)
- High-speed 25-point contrast AF system
- iAuto, Program , Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, and Manual exposure options
- 10fps burst at full resolution
- New GUI
- 3.0-inch tilting touchscreen LCD with 921k dots and Sony's TruBlack technology
- Clip-on external flash unit included with kit
- Li-ion battery pack (good for up to 430 shots)
- MS Duo Pro, SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory card compatibility