Sony NEX-3N Preview
First of all, it's smaller and lighter. Next, they've squeezed a few more shots per charge out of the battery (480 vs. 470), added a new zoom lever mounted around the shutter release (for use with their newer 16-50mm motorized zoom lens), introduced their new Auto Object Framing technology (more on that below), implemented an updated BIONZ processor, swapped in a HDMI Type D port, and incorporated their new area-specific noise reduction technology. While all this sounds good, you won't be too happy to hear that the frame rate of burst mode has dropped to 4fps (versus the NEX-F3's 5.5fps).
The new Auto Object Framing technology is pretty slick. We all try to get framing just right, however we don't always get the look we wanted; that professionally framed look. This new process helps with that by letting the camera alter the framing after you've captured the shot; all automatically. When enabled, the camera will analyze the scene you've captured (whether it's a portrait, landscape, or macro shot), then automatically trim the image to give you a more "professionally-styled composition". The cropped photo is when bumped up to max. resolution using Sony's "By Pixel Super Resolution" technology (fancy for interpolation).
Other key features can be found below. While the jury is out on whether or not the NEX-3N will perform like its siblings, we were very happy to see the price tag of just $499 USD for the camera+lens kit.
Sony NEX-3N features:
- 16.1-megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS image sensor
- BIONZ Image Processor
- Sony E-mount system
- Zoom lever mounted on the body foe use with power zoom lenses; like the kit 16-50mm (SELP1650) motorized lens
- Area-specific Noise Reduction system
- 3.0-inch Tilting Xtra Fine LCD Display
- Full 1080 (60i/24p) HD Video Recording
- 4 frames-per-second Continuous Shooting
- 25-point Contrast Detection AF (Auto Focus)
- ISO 200-16000
- DSLR-style Mode
- Sweep Panorama Mode
- P/A/S/M Shooting Modes
- New Auto Object Framing technology
- Pop-up Flash
- Multi-Interface Shoe (for accessories)
- Optional LA-EA2 A-mount lens adapter with SLT tech built-in ($399 accessory)
- Li-ion battery pack, charges in-camera (good for up to 480 photos)
- Combination card slot accepts SD and MS Duo type cards.
The Sony NEX-3N will come in kit form with the 16-50mm (SELP1650) motorized zoom lens. Pricing will be just $499 USD. You can choose from Black or White.
Additional Product Views
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|SONY ELECT VIEWFINDER FOR NEX5N|
Seller: Unique Photo
In Stock: Yes