Sony α560 DSLR key features:
Releasing a successor to the Alpha 550
, Sony introduces the α560 dSLR. This powerful unit shoots up to seven frames a second using Sony' s Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor for quick action shots and is also capable of capturing Full HD video (1920x1080 60i). In addition, it includes Sony's new 3D sweep panorama mode, capable of shooting in 3D as the camera stitches frames together during processing. Other features include 14.2-megapixels, multi-frame noise reduction, auto HDR, a tiling 3-inch LCD screen and quick AF Live View.
- APS-C (23.5x15.6mm), 14.2-megapixel Exmor HD CMOS image sensor
- Continuous Live View
- Optical image stabilization
- Sweep Panorama Mode (Regular & 3D)
- 3-inch, tilting LCD screen with 921,600 pixels
- Smart Capture mode
- Records AVCHD video at 1920x1080 (1080i, 60ps) with stereo microphone
- Face Recognition Technology, can detect up to 8 faces
- 7fps continuous shooting
- Li-ion power source (Rated 1050 images with viewfinder, 560 images with LCD monitor)
- Memory Stick PRO Duo, Pro-HG Duo, PRO-HG HX Duo media as well as SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card slots
The Sony α560 is scheduled for availability in October for around $750 US for the camera body and 18-55mm lens kit. The body alone is priced around $650 and only comes in black.