Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX5 Preview
Sony has just released their most powerful W-series models to date, with the all new Cyber-shot DSC-WX5. This compact powerhouse is packed full of Sony's latest technologies, like their new 3D Sweep Panorama mode, Superior Auto exposure mode, Background Defocus, a 12-megapixel CMOS Exmor R sensor, and AVCHD video at 1920x1080 @ 60i.
This unit replaces the WX1 as their top of the line W-series camera, and is scheduled to start shipping in September (2010) with a suggested retail price of $299 US.
Cyber-Shot DSC-WX5 key features:
- Durable metal chasis in two colors (Dark Grey and Silver)
- 12-megapixel "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor
- Fast Sony G F2.4 5x optical zoom lens with 24mm field of view
- 2.8-inch LCD with 460k dots of resolution
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- New Superior Auto exposure mode
- Intelligent Auto, plus 8 scene mode settings
- Sweep Panorama mode, including new 3D Sweep
- Records AVCHD video at 1920x1080 (60i) or MPEG-4 (.MP4) movies at 1440x1080 (30p) with stereo sound
- MS Duo Pro and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots (Eye-Fi compatible)
- Li-ion rechargeable battery pack
- HDMI output