Record Screens & Menus
By Matt Metzker
Above is what the Program mode looks like. This mode offers the most amount of control over how a picture is shot in regards to setting the ISO, Image Size, Exposure Value, White Balance and AF.
iAuto mode will automatically choose a scene shooting mode that best suits what you are trying to photograph. In this mode there are some settings that can be changed, and a few options that are not available in Program mode such as; iScene, Smile Detection Sensitivity and Face Detection.
Easy Mode is exactly what its monicker proclaims. You could not get any simpler, but keep in mind, with the exception of the flash there are no settings to change.
when the shutter release is half-pressed, the camera goes into a rec-ready mode. This is where the camera will auto focus and/or choose a scene depending on the mode your in. When all is in focus you will hear a beep and the green dot will appear in the lower left corner.
the camera is in Scene mode, there are 10 different scene options:
- ISO High Sensitivity
- Soft Snap
- Twilight Portrait
There are three different options on what is seen in the LCD display. The first selection is a bright screen with no shooting information listed. The next is a bright screen with shooting information listed on the LCD, and last is a less bright screen with shooting information. A grid can be activated via the camera menu.
Program FUNC. Menu:
- Shooting Mode - iAuto, Program, Scene, SteadyShot
- Easy -Easy shooting mode
- Image Size - 14M, 10M, 5M, VGA
- Burst Settings - Single, Burst
- Exposure Value - -2.0 to +2.0
- ISO - 80, 100, 200, 400, 800
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Flourescent 1, Flourescent2, Flourescent 3, Incandescent, Flash
- Focus- Multi AF, Center AF, Spot AF
- Metering Mode-Multi, Center, Spot
- Smile Detection Sensitivity - Big Smile, Normal Smile, Slight Smile
- Face Detection -Focus, Spot AF
Enter the change shooting settings, Main Settings, Memory Card Tool, Clock Settings
Pictured here is the Movie Mode. Video can be captured in either VGA or QVGA. VGA is suitable for viewing on a television, QVGA is smaller for use on places like YouTube or as e-mail attachments.
Both the video and audio portion of movies can be replayed on the camera
thanks to the
built-in speaker. Full audio-video playback is also possible when
connected to a TV
monitor or a compatible PC after downloading.
- Image Size - VGA, QVGA
- Exposure Value --2.0 to +2.0
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Flourescent 1, Flourescent2, Flourescent 3,
- Metering Mode - Multi, Center
- Menu - Enter the change shooting settings, Main Settings, Memory Card Tool, Clock Settings
- AF Frame - Face AiAF,
- Frame Size - Normal, Small
- Digital Zoom - Standard, Off,1.4x, 2.3x
- AF-Point Zoom - On, Off
- Servo AF - On, Off
- AF-Assist Beam - On or Off
- Flash Settings - Red Eye Correction, Red Eye Lamp
- i-Contrast - Auto, Off
- Review - Off, 2-10 second, Hold
- Review Info - Off, Detailed, Focus Check
- Blink Detection - On, Off
- Display Overlay - Off, Grid Lines, 3:2 Guide, Both
- Icon Layout -
Change icon layout for shooting
- IS Mode - Continuous, Shoot Only, Panning, Off
- Date Stamp - Off, Date, Date & Time
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
|Buy related cameras and accessories from Amazon.com|
|Related Product Description||Price|
|Cengage Youll learn how, when, and, most importantly, whyto use all the cool features and functions of yourcamera to take eye-popping photographs.||$29.99|
|Delkin Pop-up Shade Fits 1.6LCD Block Glare & Protect LCD Stick||$23.99|
|Delkin Pop-up Shade Fits 1.8LCD Block Glare & Protect LCD Stick||$23.99|
|Airvac Vm106 90? 3-Way T Pvc Fittings (Single Sweep)||$0.92|
|Promaster DigiDRY Silica Gel||$0.77|