Record Screens & Menus
To select the
camera mode, you simple touch the icon that is directly
above the Play "button" on the LCD. You can choose from: iAuto, Program, iSweep Program,
Movie Mode, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight, Backlight Correction HDR and Scene
Available Scene modes include: High Sensitivity, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Hi-Speed Shutter, Underwater, Gourmet, and Pet.
Here you can
see the screen display in Program mode. While fully automatic like
iAuto, here you have access to change more advanced settings like ISO,
White Balance, etc. The intelligent scene recognition is not active in
half-press the shutter release the AF system activates, and
when successful, the focus brackets will turn green (one for each point
that is in focus). The camera also displays a green "Focus OK" dot at
the bottom left corner along with the shutter speed and aperture values.
Like many touch enabled models, you can also select the focus point by touching the LCD. Here you can see an example of this process.
Record menu options:
- Easy Mode - Enter Easy mode
- Smile Shutter - Enabled/Disable Smile shutter mode
- Image Size - 10M, 5M, 3M, VGA, 8M (3:2), 7M (16:9), 2M (16:9)
- Macro - Auto or On
- Exposure Compensation - ±2EV in 1/3EV Steps
- ISO - Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting), Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting), Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting), Incandescent, Flash, One Push.
- Focus - Multi-Point AF, Center AF, Spot AF, or Flexible Spot AF (touch)
- Metering -Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
- Face Detection - When Touched (tap the LCD when you want focus), Auto, Child or Adult priority
- Display Settings - Info On or Off, Grid lines
When you are unsure of a specific menu options or scene modes intended use, you can touch the help ("?") button at the top right of the screen, and a small explanation will be displayed for the option you have highlighted.
Above we have the shortcut options that are displayed along with left hand side of the frame. You simple touch them to bring up the possible settings for each option.
You can also edit the menus and shortcut options to better fit your needs.
Unlike past models, the TX7 can record AVCHD full 1920x1080 (60i) HD video with stereo sound. There is also a 1440x1080 options (60i as well), along with MPEG4 video options at 1440x1080, 1280x720, and 640x480; all at 30p. While recording video, you have full
use of the 4x optical zoom.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.