Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX55 Preview
Along with offering such a resolute image sensor, Sony has packed with TX55 with some very appealing features. These include a 3.3-inch OLED, touchscreen display, BIONZ image processor, Full HD (1080/60i) video recording, 3D still photo mode, and a Carl Zeiss 5x optical zoom with their new "By Pixel Super Resolution" option to extend the zoom out to 10x.
Sony claims the DSC-TX55 can capture photos with "DSLR-like quality", which is a pretty bold statement. Check back in the coming weeks as we patiently await for Sony to send us a TX55, so we can put these claims to the test.
Cyber-Shot DSC-TX55 key features:
- Super-thin and durable
metal chassis in four colors (Silver, Black, Violet, and Silver)
- 16-megapixel "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor
- BIONZ image processor
- Carl Zeiss 5x internal optical zoom lens
- New "By Pixel Super Resolution" technology extends optical zoom to 10x
- 3.3-inch Extra Fine OLED touchscreen display
- Optical SteadyShot + New Electronic image stabilization corrects both vertical and horizontal handshake
- Full HD (1080/60i) video recording
- Enhanced Dual Record functions, allow you to snap 12-megapixel photos while recording video simultaneously
- Picture Effects for more artistic looking photos; like HDR painting, Pop Color, etc.
- 3D Still photo mode
- iSCN (intelligent Scene) Recognition technology
- Sweep Panorama mode
- Anti-Blink function
- Face Detection
- Intelligent Scene Recognition
- Intelligent AF
- Card slot accepts new Memory Stick Micro (Mark2) or microSD/SDHC memory cards
- Li-ion rechargeable battery pack
- HDMI output
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.