Playback Screens & Menus
By Josh Fate
Above is the Index display, which is activated by either pressing the Wide zoom control or touching the index icon on the LCD screen. Here, the T99 will display 28 small thumbnails of files stored on your Memory Stick (or the internal memory), allowing you to quickly search through stored images/movies. In the camera play menu, the index can also be changed to show 12 images. Pressing the Wide zoom control again will bring up the Calendar display (not shown), which separated files by the dates captured.
You can also magnify images up to 8x for critical inspection. This function is activated by either double-tapping the LCD or using the Telephoto zoom control. Once enlarged, you simple touch the screen and drag your finger tip to scroll around inside the frame.
The Playback menu offers a great deal of in-camera functions, such as entering Easy mode, Paint, Retouch images, Toggle the viewing mode, Protect files, choose DPOF (Direct Print Order Format) settings, Rotate an image, set the Volume, Edit the Display settings, amount of Exposure Data, Choose the number of photos shown when using the Index function (12 or 28), etc.
The camera's retouch features include a Trimming (crop), Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Mask. These allow you to quickly and easily edit your photos on the camera without using your computer.
The slideshow menu allows you to continuously play your images with or without music. Play this on a TV and you have an incredibly easy slideshow presentation.
Again the video playback does not show any information on the viewing source, but only on the camera's LCD screen. Options to play, pause, rewind and fast forward are available.
- AF Illuminator - Auto, Off
- Grid Line - On, Off
- Disp. Resolution - Standard, High
- Digital Zoom - Smart, Precision, Off
- Auto Orientation - On, Off
- Scene Recog. Guide - On, Off
- Red Eye Reduction - Auto, On, Off
- Blink Alert - Auto, Off
- Beep - High, Low, Shutter, Off
- LCD Brightness - Normal, Bright
- Language Setting - Choose the menu language
- Display Color - Black, White, Pink
- Demo Mode - On, Off
- Initialize - Resets the cameras to the defaults
- Component - SD, HD (1080i)
- Video Out - NTSC, PAL
- Housing - On, Off
- USB Connect - Auto, PictBridge, PTP/MTP, Mass Storage
- LUN Settings - Multi, Single
- Download Music - Download music onto your camera for use with the Slide Show function
- Format Music - Delete all music downloaded for Slide Shows
- Power Save - Stamina, Standard, Off
- Transfer Jet - On or Off
- Calibration - Calibrates the touch screen
"Memory Stick" Tool:
- Format - Format the Memory Stick or Internal memory
- Create REC. Folder
- Change REC. Folder
- Delete REC. Folder
- Copy - Copy all data from Internal>MS
- File Number - Series (default) or Reset
- Area Setting - Choose your Home location, and Destination Location if traveling
- Date & Time Setting