Click on the T5 for a 360° QTVR tour
Sony's new Cyber-shot DSC-T5 digital camera is ultra slim so it's always with you and always ready to capture great pictures. It incorporates a high resolution 5-megapixel Sony imager with an internal Carl Zeiss 3x optical zoom lens that opens instantly when the camera is activated. The camera features a large 2.5-inch color LCD viewfinder, occupying roughly two-thirds of the back of the camera.
The T5 has sophisticated auto-focus and auto-exposure options to help get the picture right the first time. It allows you to choose from nine settings to match the scene - whether it's twilight, portrait, landscape, snow, beach or even fireworks - so it is easy to shoot high-quality images even in challenging lighting conditions. And due to Sony's Real Imaging Processor™ circuit, the T5 is lightning fast. It shoots bursts of up to four full-resolution images at three frames per second. The T5 also comes equipped with Sony's anti-reflective Clear Photo LCD screen, which significantly reduces unwanted glare in brightly-lit environments and delivers vivid color reproduction. The camera's large 2.5" screen is optimized for easy viewing and sharing of images with friends, even at wide angles - whenever, wherever.
Ten pre-set picture-taking modes also make it easier to get the perfect shot, without having to make any adjustments. Select "Magnifying Glass" for macro shooting up to 1 cm from your object or "High Speed Shutter" to catch fast-moving action like your mom's tennis match.
And don't worry about your battery keeping up with you; Sony's Real Imaging Processor power management system lets you shoot full resolution images in seconds. At 240 shots per charge, the Cyber-shot T5's InfoLithium® T series battery won't let you down.
The T5 has a vertical design: It features a lightweight, aluminum body available in four stylish colors - red, champagne gold, silver and black - with a sliding matte silver lens cover.
With this new camera, you not only get the still image but the video too. With an optional Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media card, shooting high-quality video is simple. MPEG-VX fine mode lets you record motion video with audio at 640x480 pixel resolution at 30 frames per second, up to the capacity of a compatible media card. A 1-gigabyte Sony Memory Stick card can hold up to 12 minutes of VGA-quality 640 x 480 MPEG video and 384, 5-megapixel JPEG Fine images.
Once you have captured the perfect pictures and MPEG videos, don't let them sit in your camera or PC. Share them with your family and friends. Connect the T5 to a Sony DPP-FP50 digital photo printer and view your favorite photos as a slideshow on your television or turn them into postcards, calendars and much more. The T5 can also be used with the optional CSS-TNA Cyber-shot Station™ cradle for charging the battery and connecting to your computer.
DSC-T5 Major Features:
- Sony 5 Megapixel effective CCD image sensor
- Carl Zeiss "folded" 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- Stylish, durable and ultra-thin aluminum body
- Magnifying Glass Mode for subjects as close as 1cm (0.4 in.)
- MPEG Movie: 640x480 VX Fine w/audio at 30fps (Memory Stick Pro required),
640x480 VX standard at 16fps, length limited only by media
- Auto, Program AE plus 9 Scene modes
- Live histogram display in capture and playback modes
- 5 Area Multi-point AF; auto or selectable Spot AF point
- 2.5" TFT color (230,000 pixels) LCD Screen with Auto Brightness
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400 equivalent
- Adjustable color saturation, contrast and sharpness
- Noise Reduction: Automatically cleans up long exposure images
- 14bit DXP A/D Conversion - allows a wider dynamic range from highlight to shadow
- Flash with Auto, Fill, Forced Off, and Slow Synchro (Red Eye reduction available)
- USB 2.0 high speed Auto-Connect to host computer
- Rechargeable InfoLithium battery and AC charger included
- 32MB internal memory + Memory Stick Duo & MS Duo Pro cards
- DPOF and PictBridge direct-print USB compatible
- Optional Cyber-shot Station camera dock
The silver Cyber-shot T5 will be available in September for $349 (red, black and champagne gold options will be available in October) on SonyStyle.com. Pre-orders begin on August 1st at www.sony.com/T5.
The camera comes supplied with a NP-FT1 InfoLithium battery, BC-CS3 battery charger, multi-connector cable, wrist strap and software CD-ROM. Optional accessories include the SPK-THB sports pack, CSS-TNA Cyber-shot Station™ cradle, and LCS-THC form-fitting leather case.