Click on the Sony S60 to take a QuickTime VR tour
Sony's new Stamina series of Cyber-shot digital cameras set a new standard for speed, battery life and picture quality in compact cameras. The DSC-S60 is an easy-to-use, four-megapixel camera that's packed with features like Sony's Real Imaging Processor™ circuitry for better battery efficiency, more responsiveness and high quality movie taking. The Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom lens complements the high resolution imager for great picture clarity, while 32 MB of internal memory and a Memory Stick media slot provide plenty of storage capacity.
The 2.0" color LCD Monitor makes framing shots and reviewing pictures easy. So that pictures are captured in-focus with the proper lighting and exposure, the S60 has a smart auto-focusing and exposure system; meaning that even if the subject is off-center and in a difficult lighting situation, the camera can automatically make the necessary adjustments. The S60 lets you take approximately 110 shots while using two "AA" type batteries and around 550 shots while using a NIMH rechargeable battery.
Easy shooting with fully Automatic, Program AE and 7 Scene Modes, parameters can be matched to the shooting conditions. Choose from one of the following: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, and Candle. Or choose Manual mode when you really want to get creative. Burst mode lets you capture up to 4 shots at full 4MP resolution at 0.7frames/sec. Perfect for high speed subjects or fast moving action such as sports or small children. And MPEG Movie VX Mode with audio captures VGA (640 x 480) high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second) audio/video clips with length limited only by the capacity of the media.
With the optional Cyber-Shot Station dock (CSS-SA), transferring images and recharging the battery of the DSC-S60 and DSC-S90 cameras is practically effortless. By placing a camera in the cradle, you can switch between a TV, PC or camera for easy viewing on the display of your choice, in addition to the ability to print to any PictureBridge photo printer. The Cyber-shot Station dock comes supplied with an AC adapter and NP-NH25 NiMH rechargeable battery and will be available for about $80.
Other optional accessories include a 0.7X Wide Conversion Lens, 1.7X Telephoto Conversion Lens, 2.6X Super Telephoto Lens (all require the VAD-PEB lens adapter), Cyber-shot HVL-FSL1B Slave Flash, and the water-resistant SPK-SA Sport Jacket.
Sony S60 Features:
- 4.1-megapixel Sony Super HAD CCD imager
- Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom (39-117mm 35mm equiv)
- 5-Area Multi-Point AF system with AF-assist illuminator
- Large 2.0-inch color LCD with 115,000 pixels
- 4 Shot Burst mode (4MP/Fine) for fast action or children
- MPEG VX 640x480 movies w/sound at 30fps, length limited only by memory
- Auto, Program, Manual and 7 Scene exposure modes
- Multi-pattern metering with Spot option
- Slow shutter Noise Reduction for cleaner long exposures
- Playback options: Single, 9-image thumbnail, Slideshow, 5x magnification
- Built-in Speedlight with Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Fill flash, Flash cancel and Slow sync.
- High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity and A-V output
- USB Direct-Print PictBridge compatibility
- Powered by two standard AA type batteries
- 32MB of internal memory plus MemoryStick Pro card slot
- Optional Cyber-shot Station and rechargeable batteries, weatherproof housing, Wide and Tele lenses and Slave Flash
The DSC-S60 Cyber-shot camera will be available this June for about $249