Sony Cyber-shot RX1R II Preview
Of these is an all new full frame Exmor CMOS image sensor, which boasts an impressive 42.4-megapixels of resolution. It also includes the world's first "Optical Variable Low Pass Filter", which allows you to manually set the camera's low pass filter to Off (for maximum resolution), Standard (offers high resolution while removing instances of moire and color artifacts), and High (focusing more on removing moire and artifacts). This is a very unique feature that gives photographers much more control over the camera's sensor and sensor output. Like its predecessor, the RX1R II continues the use of a Carl ZEISS Sonnar T* f/2.0 35mm fixed lens, offering a versatile field of view for various types of photography, and plenty of resolving power to compliment the new sensor.
The RX1R II is also the first RX-series camera to feature their Fast Hybrid AF system. This impressive autofocus system offers 399 focal-plane phase detection AF points, that cover approx. 45% of image area. These work in conjunction with 25 contract detection AF points to offer increased AF speed and accuracy. In fact, Sony notes that the RX1R II's new Hybrid AF system is 30% faster than that of its predecessor.
Another new addition over the RX1R is the Mark II's new XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF, which not only offers amazing resolution at 2.4 million dots, but is retractable and pops up with the push of a button. Sony has even included ZEISS T* coating to the four glass elements of the EVF for increased visibility and clarity. This EVF offers a magnification of 0.74x. You also have the option of framing with a 3.0" WhiteMagic LCD display, which also tilts, and offers 1.2 million dots of resolution.
Lastly, Sony has added built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, allowing you to use the RX1R II with your Android or iOS powered smart device. With their free PlayMemories Camera apps, you can share photos with friends or family via social media, or remotely control the camera.
- Full-frame (35mm) Sony Exmor CMOS image sensor with 42.4-megapixels of resolution
- Uses the world's first Optical Variable Low Pass Filter
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* f/2.0 35mm fixed lens
- BIONZ X image processor
- Retractable OLED Tru-Finder EVF with 2.4 Million dots of resolution
- Tilting 3.0-inch WhiteMagic LCD with 1.2M dots
- ISO senitivity from 100-25,600; expandable to ISO 50 or 102,400
- XAVC S Full HD video at 1080 24p, 30p, or 60p
- Stereo microphones
- Built-in Microphone input for external units
- Various manual exposure options, along with automatic functions like Smart Auto, Auto HDR, several Scene modes, etc.
- 14bit RAW data output
- 5fps full resolution burst shooting with continuous/tracking AF
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology
Interface HOT SHOE accepts a wide range of optional accessories
- Dual card slot accepts SD or Memory Stick duo type cards
- Li-ion battery pack (up to 220 images with LCD monitor)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.