Sony has just announced its new flagship compact camera, the Cyber-shot DSC-RX100. With the world's first 1.0-inch type Exmor CMOS sensor, good for a whopping 20.2 megaxpixels, the RX100's image sensor is approximately four times larger than 1/2.3-type sensors found in most point-and-shoot cameras. Sony's BIONZ image processor chip, coupled with the 3.6x optical zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T f1.8 Lens, is capable of Auto Focus in 0.13 seconds. Other highlights include Full HD Video Recording, ISO 100-25600 (using Multi Frame Noise Reduction), and 10 frames per second burst speed shooting in full resolution.
The RX100's 3.0-inch Xtra Fine LCD display (1,229k dot) uses WhiteMagic technology, which adds extra white pixels to boost screen brightness and allows you to see screen detail in all shooting conditions, even bright outdoor locations. If you want to manually adjust exposure, zoom, focus, and even creative picture effect settings on the fly, it's super easy with the RX100's "smooth control ring" around the lens body. There's also an assignable function, or Fn, button to store your favorite effects and settings, and Memory Recall can "store up to three groups of customized shooting settings based on user preference."
Consider the DSC-RX100 if you want DSLR image quality and performance in the compact body of a point-and-shoot.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 Features:
- 20.2 megapixel 1.0-inch type Exmor CMOS sensor
- BIONZ Image Processor
- 3.6x Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T f1.8 Lens
- 3.0-inch Xtra Fine LCD display (1,229k dot)
- Full HD Video Recording
- ISO 100-25600 (using Multi Frame Noise Reduction
- 10 frames per second burst speed shooting in full resolution
- Auto Focus in as little as 0.13 seconds
- Auto and Manual Focus Modes
- Six Creative Styles, including:
- Toy Camera
- Partial Color
- HDR Painting
- Memory Recall
- Assignable Fn (function) Button
- Auto Portrait Framing (both original photo and cropped version are saved)
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 will be available this July (2012) with an MSRP around $650.
Additional Product Views: