Click on the P150 for a 360° QTVR tour
The Cyber-shot P150 is a stylish, pocket-size (about one-inch thin) 7-megapixel camera with specifications typically found only on more full-sized, high-end cameras. For only the second time in a Cyber-shot P-series camera, Sony is offering a Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom lens to complement the camera's high resolution imager for great picture clarity.
The P150 has been empowered with Sony's own recently introduced Real Imaging Processor™ circuitry that ensures fast start-up and shot-to-shot times, and puts extra speed and performance behind automatic features such as auto focus and auto exposure. That means you'll never miss that one-in-a-million shot because the camera is always ready to take great pictures.
Beyond the easy point-and-shoot features, the Cyber-shot P150 also has manual flash and exposure settings, and nine preset scene modes such as twilight, landscape, snow, beach and fireworks, letting the user quickly select the best setting based on shooting conditions. So that pictures are captured in-focus with the proper lighting exposure, the camera enlists the aid of a smart auto-focusing and exposure system ; meaning that even if the subject is off-center and in a difficult lighting situation, the camera can automatically make the necessary adjustments.
There's a better place to put the digital camera other than a desk or table drawer. Designed to reside next to a TV or PC, the new Cyber-shot Station CSS-PHA camera accessory, available for about $80, accommodates the Cyber-shot DSC-P150 camera for playing back slideshows on a TV, while charging the camera's battery.
The P150 consumes very little battery power. With up to 310 shots per charge, the included InfoLithium™ battery lets you snap away and preview images on the 1.8-inch LCD screen without fear of running down the charge.
With the optional Cyber-shot Marine Pack (MPK-PHB), the Cyber-shot P150 becomes an underwater camera with water resistance to a depth of up to 132 feet. For those who want greater flexibility, the P150 can be used with optional telephoto and wide-angle conversion lenses.
DSC-P150 Major Features:
- Sony 7.2 Megapixel effective CCD image sensor
- Carl Zeiss 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- Still Image: 3072x2304, 3072x2048(3:2), 2592x1944, 2048x1536, 1280x960, 640x480
- MPEG Movie: 640x480 VX Fine w/audio at 30fps (Memory Stick Pro required),
640x480 VX standard at 16fps, length limited only by media
- Auto, Program AE, Full Manual plus 9 Scene modes
- Live histogram display in capture and playback
- 5 Area Multi-point AF; auto or selectable Spot AF point
- 1.8" TFT color (134,000 pixels) LCD Screen with Auto Brightness
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100, 200, 400
- Adjustable color saturation, contrast and sharpness
- Noise Reduction: Automatically cleans up long exposure images
- 14bit A/D Conversion - allows a wider dynamic range from highlight to shadow
- Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Forced Off, and Slow Synchro (Red Eye reduction avaliable)
- USB 2.0 Auto-Connect to host computer
- Rechargeable InfoLithium battery and charger included
- Optional Cyber-shot Station camera dock and controller
- Memory Stick & Memory Stick Pro compatible to 1GB, 32MB included.
- DPOF and PictBridge direct-print USB compatible
Available in September 2004, the stylish Cyber-shot P150 camera will sell for an estimated $500. A 32MB Memory Stick memory card, InfoLithium battery and AC adapter are included.