Click on the P100 for a 360° QTVR tour
The Cyber-shot compact P100 digital camera is a stylish, pocket-size (about one-inch thin) 5-megapixel camera with specifications typically found only on more full-sized, high-end cameras. For the first time in a Cyber-shot P-series camera, Sony is offering a Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom lens to complement the camera's high resolution imager for great picture clarity.
So that pictures are captured in-focus with the proper lighting exposure, the camera enlists the aid of a smart auto-focusing and exposure system ; meaning that even if the subject is off-center and in a difficult lighting situation, the camera can automatically make the necessary adjustments. Additionally, nine preset scene modes are available so that the user can quickly select the best setting for the shooting conditions.
For those wanting greater flexibility, the Cyber-shot P100 camera also features manual flash power output and exposure settings, and it accepts the VAD-PHB lens adaptor bracket allowing use of telephoto and wide angle conversion lenses.
Cyber-shot Station: The Perfect Companion
There's a better place to put the digital camera other than a desk or table drawer. Designed to reside next to a TV or PC, the new Cyber-shot Station CSS-PHA camera accessory, available in May 2004 for about $80, accommodates the Cyber-shot DSC-P100 camera for playing back slideshows on a TV, while charging the camera's battery.
The included infrared remote controller commands the docked camera via the Cyber-shot station to toggle between captured videos and still pictures. And when connected to a PictBridge compatible printer such as the new Sony PictureStation DPP-EX50 digital photo printer, printing a specific image is easy as a press of the remote controller's button.
DSC-P100 Major Features:
- Sony 5.0 Megapixel effective CCD image sensor
- Carl Zeiss 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- Still Image: 2592x1944, 2592(3:2), 2048x1536, 1280x960, 640x480
- MPEG Movie: 640x480 VX Fine w/audio at 30fps (Memory Stick Pro required),
640x480 VX at 16fps, length limited only by media
- Auto, Program AE, Full Manual plus 9 Scene modes
- Live histogram display in capture and playback
- 5 Area Multi-point AF; auto or selectable Spot AF point
- 1.8" TFT color (134,000 pixels) LCD Screen with Auto Brightness
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100, 200, 400
- Adjustable color saturation, contrast and sharpness
- Noise Reduction: Automatically cleans up long exposure images
- 14bit A/D Conversion - allows a wider dynamic range from highlight to shadow
- Built-in flash with Auto Fill, Red Eye Reduction and Slow Synchro
- USB 2.0 Auto-Connect to host computer
- Rechargeable InfoLithium battery and charger included
- Optional Cyber-shot Station camera dock and controller
- Memory Stick & Memory Stick Pro compatible to 1GB, 32MB included.
- DPOF and PictBridge direct-print USB compatible
Available in three striking colors (red, blue and silver), the stylish P100 camera will sell for an estimated $400. A 32MB Memory Stick memory card, InfoLithium battery and AC adapter are included.