Click on the N2 for a 360° QTVR tour
The DSC-N2 is the latest 10-megapixel powerhouse from Sony, adding yet another model to their "N" series of
Cyber-Shot cameras. With an extending Carl Zeiss® Vario Tessar® 3x optical zoom lens, and it built-in photo
album function, this model can be a photo diary in your pocket, loaded with up to 500 of your favorite
Taking great photos with the DSC-N2 will be as enjoyable as sharing them. With shutter lag reduced to
milliseconds, you can snap away until the whole story is told. Sony's Real Imaging Processor® circuitry
delivers fast response times and helps to prolong the life of the camera's supplied Stamina® InfoLithium
battery -- up to 300 shots per full charge.
This new model also incorporates high light sensitivity, up to IS0 1600, to facilitate shooting without blur
at faster shutter speeds- a necessity when capturing fast-moving subjects or taking photos in low-light
With an optional Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media card, shooting high-quality video is a breeze. MPEG-VX fine mode
allows you to record MPEG video with VGA (640x480 pixel) resolution at 30 frames per second, up to the
capacity of the media card.
Showing pictures to your friends and family is more enjoyable as the 3.0-inch LCD screen is almost the size
of an actual photograph. The menu functions are accessible with your finger or thumb thanks to its innovative
touch-screen interface that eliminates the need for most control buttons. With Sony's Clear Photo LCD
technology, your images will be bright, with high-contrast, and easy to view in virtually any environment.
Every time you snap a picture, the DSC-N2 will store a full-resolution image on the optional media card or in
the camera's 25 MB of internal memory. Additionally, it automatically resizes that same image in VGA
resolution and stores it in a portion of the camera's internal memory dedicated to pocket album. No matter
how many pictures are offloaded from the media card, you can choose to protect the images you want to keep
and, over time, you have a collection of your favorite shots in the camera.
DSC-N2 Major Features:
- Sony 10.1 Megapixel effective Super HAD CCD image sensor
- Carl Zeiss 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- 3.0-inch Clear Photo wide angle viewable color touchscreen LCD
- Stylish, durable, lightweight and thin aluminum body
- Pocket Album function stores up to 500 VGA images
- Unique slideshow feature with music and transition effects
- Macro focus for subjects as close as 6cm (2.4 in.)
- MPEG Movies w/audio: 640x480 VX Fine at 30fps (Memory Stick Duo Pro required),
640x480 VX standard at 16fps, Video Mail 160x112 at 8.3fps, length limited only by media
- Live histogram display in capture and playback modes
- 5 Area Multi-point AF; auto or selectable Spot AF point
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 equivalent
- Adjustable color saturation, contrast and sharpness
- Noise Reduction: Automatically cleans up long exposure images
- 14bit DXP A/D Conversion - allows a wider dynamic range from highlight to shadow
- Flash with Auto, Fill, Forced Off, and Slow Synchro (Red Eye reduction available)
- USB 2.0 high speed Auto-Connect to host computer
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and AC charger included
- 25MB internal memory + Memory Stick Duo & MS Duo Pro cards
- DPOF and PictBridge direct-print USB compatible
- Optional MPK-NA Cyber-shot Marine Pack for underwater photography
The Cyber-shot N2 digital camera is available now with an MSRP of US$399.95. See our buy box below for current
pricing at various online vendors.
Optional accessories include the MPK-NA marine pack for about $200, NP-FT1 InfoLithium® battery for about
$50, and LCS-NA leather carrying case for about $50.