Click on the M2 for a 360° QTVR tour
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-M2 is a true "hybrid" digital camera that combines great quality
digital still photography and impressive movie-shooting capabilities. It features 5.1-
megapixel resolution, a Carl Zeiss 3x zoom lens, a large 2.5-inch color LCD and Sony's Real
Imaging Processor circuitry in a compact and stylish metal body.
Designed for optimal photo taking and video making, the vertical one-handed grip sits
comfortably in the palm of your hand. With just a gentle push to the side of the LCD panel,
the camera powers up, the 2.5-inch LCD screen flips out, and it's ready to shoot. There are
two shutter buttons, one to capture still images and one to record video - this eliminates
the need for the usual mode switch.
The MPEG MOVIE 4TV movie function captures high-quality video with stereo audio at 640 x
480 VGA resolution and 30 frames per second which are ideal for viewing on television. The
MPEG4 compression captures high-quality video in far less space than other cameras using
MPEG1 technology. You can record high-resolution still images and video clips without a
large-capacity media card. With a 2 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media card you can
record up to 1-1/2 hours of continuous video.
With each full-resolution image shot and stored on your Memory Stick, the camera's pocket
album function automatically stores a duplicate 640x480 resolution image in its internal
memory, which holds 1,100 images. When the maximum capacity is reached, unprotected images
are deleted leaving ample room for your favorites in pocket album for sharing wherever you
The slide show function brings photos to life without using a PC. Images and video
can be played back with pans, wipes, fades and zooms, and then choreographed to pre-loaded
soundtracks. You can even upload your own music to personalize slide shows using the
supplied Picture Package software. A built-in speaker gives your slide shows that cinematic
effect with sound to complete the experience. And, of course, a television can be connected
for added enjoyment.
The camera comes with Nero Vision Express 3 software so that editing footage and
burning it to DVD is effortless. Convert video clips into home videos for everyone to
enjoy. The supplied Cyber-shot Station cradle provides a convenient connection point for
television viewing, USB transfer, and in-camera battery charging.
DSC-M2 Major Features:
- Sony 5 Megapixel effective CCD image sensor
- Carl Zeiss "folded" 3x Zoom (38-114mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- Magnifying Glass Mode for photos as close as 1cm
- MPEGMovie 4TV (MPEG4): 640x480 w/stereo audio at 30fps
- Auto, Program AE plus 9 Scene modes
- Live histogram display in capture and playback
- 5 Area Multi-point AF; auto or selectable Spot AF point
- Swiveling 2.5" TFT color (123,000 pixels) LCD Screen
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400
- Adjustable color saturation, contrast and sharpness
- Noise Reduction: Automatically cleans up long exposure images
- 14bit A/D Conversion - allows a wider dynamic range from highlight to shadow
- Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Forced Off, and Slow Synchro (Red Eye reduction avaliable)
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed Auto-Connect to host computer
- Rechargeable InfoLithium battery and charger included
- Cyber-shot Station camera dock included
- Memory Stick Duo & MS Duo Pro compatible to 1GB, 32MB included.
- DPOF and PictBridge direct-print USB compatible
The Cyber-shot DSC-M2 retails for about $500 at authorized dealers and is supplied with a
Cyber-shot Station™ cradle, an InfoLITHIUM™ battery; AC adapter; AV/USB cables,
PicturePackage v. 1.2.1 and Nero Vision Express 3 software; and a wrist strap.