Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX7V Preview
The DSC- HX7V also features a less advanced version of Sony's Backlight Correction HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, which takes shadows, highlights, and mid-tones from two separate photos (the more advanced version on the DSC-TX100V uses three separate photos) to create one brilliant image.
The DSC-HX7V's large 16.2-megapixel "Exmor R" back-illuminated CMOS sensor helps the camera perform much better in low light situations, along with allowing the camera to capture images at up to 10fps. On top of the full 1080i (60i) HD video option, Sony includes their new Dual Rec Mode. This technology allows you to capture still images up to 3-megapixels in size while you are recording video. While the camera offers Automatic and manual exposure settings, Sony has incorporated their "In Camera Guide", which helps those who find cameras options confusing with detailed explanations of settings. The HX7V also offers Background Defocus Mode (meant to generate the shallow depth of field typical of DSLRs), and Sony's proprietary Intelligent Sweep Panorama technology (users pan the camera across a vista and the camera automatically creates a wide panorama shot).
Sony DSC-HX7V features include:
- 16.2-megapixel "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
- Optical SteadyShot
- Full HD 1080@60i with Dual Rec of stills and movies
- Sony G lens with 10x optical zoom in a compact camera body
- Fast capture with up to 10fps at full resolution
- Superior Auto mode w/HDR
- 3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama modes change the way you view your world
- GPS and Compass record shot location and direction
- Li-ion battery pack
- HDMI output