Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H70 Review
Review posted 6/22/2011
|Sony's Cyber-Shot DSC-H70 is a powerful, yet portable 16-megapixel camera. With impressive features, and ease of use, the H70 is sure to please. It did have some downfalls in the image quality department, so be sure to look at several models before making your final purchase. Read more in our Full Conclusion.|
In terms of features, most of the $200-range Cyber-shot cameras feature many of the same software applications. Therefore, it's no surprise to see Face Detection, Smile Shutter, iAuto mode (which automatically optimizes camera settings for your shooting locales), and Sweep Panorama Mode (which uses a CCD sensor to capture panoramas in one easy "press and sweep" motion), SteadyShot image stabilization (to reduce blur) on the DSC-H70. Built-in help is also available via the "In Camera Guide" software, which allows users to search by keyword and/or purpose to find help topics and ease functionality.
Sony DSC-H70 features include:
- 16-megapixel Super HAD CCD image sensor
- Sony G 10x optical zoom covers a 35mm equivalent range of 25-250mm in 4:3 aspect
- Compact camera body; about the size of a deck of playing cards
- Capture breathtaking images with Sweep Panorama technology
- Record HD video at 720p (1280x720) resolution with sound
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- iAuto, Program, Manual, and 13 Scene modes (including the Sweep Panorama)
- Active Mode stabilizes your hand held HD movies; Motion Detection suppresses blur in people and other subjects
- Li-ion battery pack (good for up to 290 shots)
- Dual card slot accepts both SD/SDHC/SDXC and Sony MS Duo memory cards (one at a time).
What's in the box?:
- DSC-H70 camera body
- Battery (NP-BG1)
- Wrist Strap
- Battery charger (BC-CSGD)
- Multi Connector Cable (USB, AV out, etc)
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.