Samsung announced five new SMART-series cameras at CES 2014. The WB50F is very similar to the WB35F, but features a slightly larger, 3.0-inch VBGA LCD display as well as a Soft Flash, which allows owners to use the flash indoors and keep photo subjects more naturally and evenly lit.
The WB50F also features a 16-megapixel CCD image sensor, 720p HD Video Recording, a 12x optical zoom lens, built-in Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), and a Live Panorama mode for capturing epic, wide vistas with one simple sweeping motion.
As with all of its new SMART cameras, the Samsung WB50F includes both Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) technologies. Using a free app for smartphones or tablet devices, users can easily connect camera to smart device, and then back up or share images and videos using the following features:
- Tag & Go allows you to connect your camera to your smart device simply by touching the two devices together.
- Photo Beam immediately transfers any photo being viewed on the camera to your smart device.
- AutoShare allows you to instantly back photos up as you shoot them.
- MobileLink gives you the choice of specific images to transfer and back up.
- Lastly, Remote View Finder turns your phone or tablet into a secondary display as well as allowing access to menu and controls like the shutter release button.
Next, let's talk about SMART Modes -- pre-programmed camera settings designed for different types of shooting conditions like action or macro or fireworks or sunsets or beauty face. You can choose these modes manually, or let the camera do it for you in SMART Auto Mode.
Samsung WB50F Features:
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor
- 12x optical zoom lens
- 24mm widest angle
- 3.0" HVGA LCD display
- OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- ISO 80-3200
- HD 720p Video Recording
- Soft Flash
- NFC (Near Field Communication) & Wi-Fi
- Tag & Go
- Photo Beam
- Remote Viewfinder
- SNS & Cloud
- Samsung Link
- S/W Upgrade Notifier
- SMART Modes
- Action Freeze
- Light Trace
- Beauty Face
- Live Panorama
The Samsung WB50F will be available in four colors -- black, red, white and navy. Stay tuned for pricing and availability.
Additional Product Views