Samsung announced five new SMART-series cameras at CES 2014. The WB35F features a 16-megapixel CCD image sensor capable of 720p HD Video Recording that is mated to a 12x optical zoom lens with built-in Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).
The two big highlights on the WB35F are connectivity and a variety of SMART Modes. First, we have both Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) technologies. Using a free app for smartphones or tablet devices, users have access to wireless features like:
- Tag & Go, which allows you to connect the WB35F to your smart device simply by touching the camera and smart device together.
- Photo Beam, which immediately transfers photos being viewed on the camera to your smart device.
- AutoShare allows you to instantly back up as you shoot.
- MobileLink gives you the choice of specific images to transfer and back up.
- And finally, Remote View Finder not only turns your smart device into a secondary display, but also gives you access to menus and the shutter release button.
Next, let's talk about features like SMART / SMART Auto Modes. SMART Modes are pre-programmed camera settings designed for different types of pictures, like silhouettes or sunsets or landscapes. SMART Auto Modes allows the camera to pick one of these pre-programmed modes automatically. Finally, Live Panorama is a great feature which allows you to, in one shot, instantly capture the widest vistas.
Samsung WB35F Features:
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor
- 12x optical zoom lens
- 24mm widest angle
- 2.7" QVGA LCD display
- OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- ISO 80-3200
- HD 720p Video Recording
- NFC (Near Field Communication) & Wi-Fi
- Tag & Go
- Photo Beam
- Remote Viewfinder
- SNS & Cloud
- Samsung Link
- S/W Upgrade Notifier
- SMART Auto Mode
- Action Freeze
- Light Trace
- Beauty Face
- Live Panorama
The Samsung WB35F will be available in four colors -- black, red, white and purple. Stay tuned for pricing and availability.
Additional Product Views