Samsung WB350F Preview
Among five new SMART-series cameras at CES 2014, Samsung has revealed the WB350F. It features a 16-megapixel backside illuminated (BSI) CMOS image sensor capable of Full 1080p HD Video Recording at 30 frames per second. The 21x optical zoom lens boasts a 23mm widest angle, an F/2.8-5.9 minimum aperture, and built-in Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). There's also 3.0-inch touchscreen display.
Now, the SMART-series brand applies in two key areas:
First, the SMART Modes, which are a series of pre-programmed menu settings to optimize these cameras for shooting action, fireworks, landscapes, sunsets, etc. Users can choose these modes (a full list below) individually, or have the camera, in SMART Auto Mode, choose for you. New SMART Modes include Beauty Face, which even skin tones and minor blemish. Panorama, which captures (you guessed it!) wide panorama vistas. And finally, the WB350F has a Dual Capture mode and Baby Monitor functionality.
Second, there's what Samsung calls SMART Capabilities 3.0, which is about the camera's two wireless connectivity technologies, Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC). For these, all you need is your WB350F and a compatible smartphone or tablet device running a free app. From there, you have access to the following features:
- Tag & Go, which allows you to connect the WB350F to your smart device simply by touching the camera and smart device together.
- Photo Beam, which immediately transfers any photo being viewed on the camera to your smart device.
- AutoShare allows you to instantly back up as you shoot photos.
- MobileLink gives you the choice of specific images to transfer and back up.
- And finally, Remote View Finder turns your phone or tablet into a secondary display as well as allowing access to menus and the shutter release button.
Samsung WB350F Features:
- 16 megapixel BSI CMOS image sensor
- 21x optical zoom lens
- 23mm widest angle
- 3.0" hVGA Hybrid Touch Screen
- OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- ISO 80-3200
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording (@ 30fps)
- SMART Modes
- Beauty Face
- Dual Capture
- Baby Monitor
- Action Freeze
- Light Trace
- Low Light Shot
- Rich tone
- Continuous Shot
- SMART Camera 3.0 Features
- NFC (Near Field Communication) & Wi-Fi
- Tag & Go
- Photo Beam
- Remote Viewfinder
- SNS & Cloud
- Samsung Link
- S/W Upgrade Notifier
The Samsung WB350F will be available in five colors --white, black, brown, red, and blue. Stay tuned for pricing and availability.
Additional Product Views
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.