Review posted 06/09/2014
- Program mode produced pleasing images when shooting outdoors in daylight conditions
- Dedicated Video Capture Button is always ready to record
- WiFi and NFC make connecting and sharing images a snap
- Dual grip is very comfortable and easy to shoot both Horizontally and Vertically
- Optical Image Stabilization is very helpful with the large zoom
- 60x optical zoom gives amazing versatility
- Bright, 3.0-inch LCD screen
- Good shooting performance
- Excellent Battery Life
- Competitively priced
- LCD screen makes images look overexposed or washed out
- Metering was inaccurate with our indoor images
- High levels of noise in all images
- Weak pop-up flash
- Audio stops recording when zooming
- One of the biggest "compact" digicams we have seen
- Camera starts incredibly slowly
|The Samsung WB2200F is an incredibly versatile digicam that is loaded to
the brim with features. Its unique shape will definitely draw
attention. It lacks a little in image quality and has average
performance. Read more in our Full Conclusion. |
There can only be one... flagship SMART-series camera of the five announced at CES 2014.
Meet the Samsung WB2200F, a "premium super bridge long-zoom SMART camera" with a crazy-long 60x optical zoom lens. Thankfully, Samsung tosses in OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and a fast f/2.8 - 5.9 maximum aperture range to reduce blur and/or shaky cam syndrome; whether you're snapping stills or recording Full HD 1080p video at up to 30 frames per second. It's sturdy dual-grip design makes this 16-megapixel camera look like a high end DSLR, and they even added vertical controls. The WB2200F has both a 3.0-inch LCD as well a electronic view finder (EVF).
As a "bridge" camera, the WB2200F hopes to be all things for all levels of photographer. Enthusiasts and pros will enjoy the i-Function control, for its one-touch access to advanced features and full manual controls. And beginners will love the SMART modes, which are pre-programmed settings for all sorts of shooting conditions -- Panoramas, Silhouettes, Sunsets... even Fireworks.
The other big selling point is something the WB2200F shares will all its new SMART-series siblings. Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC) technologies, which connect your camera to a smartphone or tablet running a free Samsung app so you can back up, view, and share your latest creations. Check out these feature modes:
- Tag & Go connects your SMART camera to your smart device simply by touching the two devices together.
- Photo Beam immediately transfers any photos on the 3.0-inch LCD display to your smartphone or tablet.
- AutoShare allows you to instantly, and automatically back photos up as you capture them.
- MobileLink lets you choose specific images to transfer and back up.
- Lastly, Remote View Finder turns your phone or tablet into a secondary display where you can access menu functions as well as the shutter release button.
Samsung WB2200F Features:
- 16 megapixel BSI CMOS image sensor
- 60x optical zoom lens
- 20mm widest angle
- 3.0" LCD screen
- EVF (Electronic View Finder)
- OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- ISO 80-6400
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording (@ 30fps)
- iFunction Control
- Dual-Grip Design with vertical controls
- SMART Modes
- Beauty Face
- Continuous Shot
- Action Freeze
- Rich tone
- Low Light Shot
- Light Trace
- NFC (Near Field Communication) & Wi-Fi
- Tag & Go
- Photo Beam
- Remote Viewfinder
- SNS & Cloud
- Samsung Link
- S/W Upgrade Notifier
The Samsung WB2200F has a suggested retail price of $449.99. Just like the Ford Model T, you can have it in any color you want as long as that color is black. See our buy box at the top right of this page to see the most current online pricing.
What's in the box?:
- Camera Body
- Wrist Strap
- Neck Strap
- USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Additional Product Views