This interesting "Smart Camera" features a fully automatic scene selection shooting mode for anyone that prefers to just point-n-shoot. This mode will take care of all of your settings, including picking the correct scene mode for your current shooting situation. This mode will give you the best result without having any photography know-how.
Program is another automatic shooting mode, but with a little more control compared to auto mode. The shutter and aperture settings are taken care of by the camera, but everything else is available to you (ISO, White Balance, Metering, etc.), if you so choose. The camera will not use a scene mode here either. This gives the user more versatility while still allowing the camera to do most of the work.
With Samsung giving the camera a professional feel, they have also included full manual, aperture priority and shutter priority modes. These give the user the most control and allow anyone with photography experience the opportunity to be as creative as they want.
For the extra creative people/situations, Samsung has included some fantastic filters and multi-image shooting modes that will produce images that the standard shooting modes are not capable of: Beauty Face, Continuous Shot, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tones (HDR), Panorama, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks and Light Trace.
Something that we are not used to seeing on a camera is a mode on the mode dial in order to get to your shooting settings. This seems inconvenient since you will have to change the camera's mode to change settings, slowing you down considerably when shooting.
- Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Beep Sound - On or Off
- Shutter Sound - Sounds 1-3
- Start Sound - Off, Star Flight, Laser Show, Cloud
- AF Sound - On or Off
- Start Image - Off, Logo, User Image
- Guide Line - Off, 3x3, 2x2, Cross, Diagonal
- Date/Time Display - On or Off
- Help Display - On or Off
- Display Brightness - Auto, Dark, Normal, Bright
- Quick View - On or Off
- Auto Display Off - On or Off
- Video Out - NTSC, Pal
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - On or Off
- HDMI Size - 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- i-Launcher - On or Off
- Network Information - MAC Address, Network Certification Number
- Language - Choose the menu language for the camera
- Time Zone - Home, Visit
- Date/Time Set - Set the camera's date and time
- Date Type - Choose the format for the date
- Time Type - 12 Hr, 24 Hr
- File No. - Reset, Series
- Imprint - Off, Date, Date & Time
- Auto Power Off - Off, 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min
- Direct Link (Wi-Fi Button) - AutoShare, MobileLink, Remote Viewfinder, Email, SNS & Cloud, Samsung Link
- Live view NFC - AutoShare, Remote Viewfinder
- AF Lamp - On or Off
- Format - Format the memory card inside the camera
- Reset - Restore the camera to its factory defaults
- Open Source License - Shows you the license
The WiFi position on the mode dial gives you access to all of the camera's WiFi capabilities and apps in one spot. These apps work with Samsung's Apple and Android Smart Camera app installed on your device to give you control and portability anywhere you have a WiFi or Cell Phone signal.
Along with the dedicated video recording button on the back of the camera, the WB2200F also features a spot on the mode dial. When in the video shooting mode, you have access to more options and video shooting modes than you do when in a still shot mode.