Samsung announced five new SMART-series cameras at CES 2014. What is a SMART camera? Well, it actually means two different things -- connectivity, and automation. First, we'll discusses buil-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) technologies. And then we'll have a chat about SMART Auto Mode's pre-programmed settings options for various shooting conditions.
As with every model announced at CES 2014, the Samsung WB1100F uses Wi-Fi and NFC to connect the camera to your smartphone or tablet devices using a free app. This gives owners access to the following:
- Tag & Go connects your WB1100F to your smart device simply by touching the two devices together.
- Photo Beam immediately transfers any photos on the 3.0-inch LCD display to your smartphone or tablet.
- AutoShare allows you to instantly, and automatically back photos up as you capture them.
- MobileLink lets you choose specific images to transfer and back up.
- Remote View Finder turns your phone or tablet into a secondary display where you can access menu functions as well as the shutter release button.
Next, let's talk about SMART Modes. Like I said above, they are essentially pre-programmed camera settings designed for different types of shooting conditions -- think waterfalls or fireworks or fast action or macro photography. There's one for basically anything you could ever shoot. Feel free to choose a SMART mode manually, or let the camera do it for you in SMART Auto Mode.
Great, so that's what all of the new cameras announced this year share, but what makes the WB1100F special?
The Samsung WB1100F is the new SMART-series super zoom camera. Yes, it has the same 16-megapixel CCD images senor, capable of recording 720p HD Videos, as the WB50F and WB35F, but it also features a whopping 35x optical zoom. To handle all that extra zooming power, Samsung includes dual image stabilization -- optical and digital. The WB1100F also boast the Speed Control Key, which allows users to instantly zoom at various distances. The Speed Control Key can also activate Live Panorama Mode.
Samsung WB1100F Features:
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor
- 35x optical zoom lens
- 25mm widest angle
- 3.0" HVGA LCD display
- Dual IS: OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) + Digital Image Stabilization
- ISO 80-3200
- HD 720p Video Recording
- Speed Control Key
- Live Panorama
- NFC (Near Field Communication) & Wi-Fi
- Tag & Go
- Photo Beam
- Remote Viewfinder
- SMART Modes
- Beauty Face
- Action Freeze
- Light Trace
The Samsung WB1100F will be available in black or red. Stay tuned for pricing and availability.
Additional Product Views