Record Screens & Menus
Above we can see the TL500's Smart Auto mode. This is a fully automatic exposure program that is perfect for those who want to just point and shoot. There is limited access to camera settings, in fact, you can only change the photo size, flash mode, or enable the self-timer. This is an intelligent exposure mode that chooses the correct exposure settings by analyzing the subject being framed, and then selects the proper Scene mode settings to use. This ensures you get optimal results for various types of shooting situations.
When you half press the shutter release, the AF marks will turn green if focus is achieved or red if it fails. Once exposure and focus are locked, the camera will display the Scene setting chosen, along with the aperture (F2.6) and shutter speed (1/45) values selected. Other icons on the screen indicate the number of images remaining on the SD card (00405), and the battery charge level.
Here is a look at the Fn or quick access menu. The available settings depend on what shooting mode you are in.
Program Mode Quick Menu:
- Photo size
- White Balance settings
- Face Detection Settings
- Focus Area
- Smart Face Registration
- Photo Style Selector
- Smart Filter
- Optical Image Stabilization
Menu settings in P/A/S/M modes:
- Photo Size - 10m (3648x2736), 9m (3648x2432), 8m (3264x2448), 7m (3648x2048), 7m (2736x2736), 5m (2592x1944), 3m (2048x1536), 2m (1920x1080), 1m (1024x768)
- White Balance - Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set
- Quality - Super Fine, Fine, Normal, RAW, RAW + s.Fine, RAW + Fine, RAW + Normal
- Exposure Compensation - ±2EV in 1/3EV steps
Detection - Off, Normal, Self-Portrait, Smile Shot, Blink Detection, Smart Face
- Smart FR Edit - Take up to 5 photos and register them as "My Star"
- Focus Area - Center
AF, Multi AF, Selection AF, Tracking AF
- Photo Style Selector - Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom
- Smart Filter - Miniature, Vignetting, Fish-eye
- Image Adjust - Toggle Contrast, Sharpness and Saturation in 5 steps
- Smart Range - Off or On
- Bracket - PSS BKT, WB BKT, AE BKT
- OIS - Optical Image Stabilization; On or Off
- Voice - Off, Voice memo,
The TL500 can also record video at 640x480 (VGA) or 320x240 (QVGA) resolution with audio at 30 or 15fps. The recorded video is saved as an .MP$ (MPEG-4.AVC) file. The optical zoom can be used during recording, however you will pick up the sound of the lens moving.
Movie mode menu options:
- Movie Size - 640x480 or 320x240
- Frame Rate - 30fps or 15fps
- Voice (sound) - On or Off
Above is the Sounds menu, which allows you to toggle all the different audio options available on the TL500.
Here we have the monitor menu, which controls the AMOLED display. You can choose to enable Grid lines, use your own start up image, adjust brightness, etc.
Shooting settings menu options:
- Format - Format the memory card/internal memory
- Reset - Return all settings to factory defaults
- Language - Choose the language used in menus
- Time Zone - Choose your time zone
- Date & Time - Set the internal clock/calendar
- File No. - Series or Reset
- Imprint - Off, Date or Date & Time
- Auto Power Off - Off, 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes
- Video Out - NTSC or PAL format
- AF Lamp - Turn the AF assist lamp On of Off
- Conversion lens - On or Off; Enable when using the optional conversion lens
- Remote - On or Off; Enables the remote sensor on the front of the handgrip
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - On or Off
- HDMI Size - 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- USB mode - Auto, Computer, Print
- PC Software - On or Off