Record Screens & Menus
Above we see the ST700 in the Smart Auto shooting mode. Here, the camera will select almost all camera settings for, along with choosing the best scene mode for your shot. The only settings that are able to be changed are the flash mode, self-timer, and the photo resolution. Samsung's Smart Auto mode allows any user to pick up the camera and start capturing pleasing snap shots, without having to deal with complicated settings.
Half pressing the shutter release displays the AF mark(s) being used. When AF is successful the marks will be green and the camera is ready to
snap the image. If AF fails to focus they will turn red. The ST700
displays the Scene setting chosen (noting above), the aperture and shutter speed (F3.9 - 1/30s)
selected, and various other camera settings: 16M image quality,
OIS is on, the flash is set to Auto, top right you can see the
battery level indicator, and that we have room on our microSDHC card for 1916 photos.
If you have doubts about what a specific mode is used for, you can simply touch the mode icon at the upper left hand corner of the screen, and a brief description of the mode will be displayed.
Since there is no external mode dial, changing
the ST700's shooting mode is accessed on the touchscreen LCD. The ST700 uses an app geared interface, much like that of a modern day smart phone. Above we see the "Home" menu, which is accessed by pressing the Home button on the back of the camera; which is the only button on the back. Here you can choose a variety of options for both Record mode and Playback. Available options include: Smart Auto, Program, Smart Movie, Self Shot, Children, Pose Guide, Album, Settings, Jump Shot, Movie, Scene, Vignetting, Beauty Shot, Magic Frame, Photo Editor, Photo Filter, Movie Filter, Night, Palette Effect, Close Up, Simple Shot, Dual IS, Slide Show, Voice Recorder, and Magazine View.
To choose a scene mode, you select the Scene app from the Home menu. You get the above virtual mode dial, with options for: Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Beach &
Snow, and text.
- Exposure Compensation - ±2EV in 1/3EV steps
- White Balance - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten, Custom Set
- ISO - Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Flash - Off, Auto, Red-eye, Fill in, Slow Sync, Red-eye Fix
- Focus - Auto or Macro
- Focus Area - Center
AF, Multi AF, One Touch Shooting, Smart Touch AF
- Face Detection - Off, Normal, Smile Shot, Blink Detection, Smart Face Recognition
- Smart FR Edit - My Star Face List Edit
- Photo Size - 16M,, 14M (3:2), 12M (16:9), 10M, 5M, 3M, 2M (16:9) 1M
- Quality -SuperFine, Fine, Normal
- Metering - Multi, Spot, Center-weighted
- Timer - Off, 10 seconds, 2 seconds
- Drive - Single, Continuous, Motion Capture, AE Bracketing
- Smart Filter - Off, Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Old Film 1, Old Film 2, Half Tone Dot, Sketch, Fish-eye, Defog, Classic, Retro, Negative, Custom RGB
- Image Adjust
- Toggle Contrast, Sharpness and Saturation
- OIS - Optical Image Stabilization; On or Off
- Intelli Zoom - Off or On
- Memo - Off or On
You can choose the amount of information displayed on the screen by touching the screen information Icon at the bottom left next to the menu button. You can choose; Full info, Hide info, and Grid lines.
Here you can see the app Photo Filters. This is a graphical menu that lets you see what the filter will do to the subject being framed, before you actually capture the image. These are the same options available in Program mode under the menu.
Here we can see the Vignetting option. Again, you have the options of seeing the effects of the settings you use to the subject, before the photo is captured.
Magic Frame allows you to add a artistic frame to your photos. You can choose Wall Art, Album, Ripple, Full Moon, Old Record, Magazine, Sunny Day, Classic TV, Yesterday, Holiday, Billboard 1, and Billboard 2.
Movies can be shot in 1280x720 HQ, 1280x720, 640x480, 320x240, or 220x176 (Front LCD option) with audio, at 30 or 15fps. A recorded video is saved as a H.264 MPEG-4.AVC (.MP4) file, and has
a maximum of 20 minutes recording. You are able to use the
optical zoom during recording, however during playback you may hear the lens moving. The ST700 offers various options in Movie mode, like Metering, Smart Filter, OIS, etc.
Here is the ST700 in Smart Movie mode, which allows the camera to function much like Smart Auto photo mode. The camera can apply Scene effects to your video that fall under the following categories: Landscape, Sunset, Clear Skies, and Forested Areas. You loose a few options compared to the normal movie mode, however you can still choose the resolution, etc.
The ST700 also has a "Palette Effect" movie mode option that allows you to capture more creative video with four options.
Above we can see the "Settings" app from the home screen. This is your typical setup menu, which is broken down in four main categories; Sound, Display, Connectivity, and General. Below you can see a breakdown of the available options for each.
- Volume - Off, Low, Medium, High
- Beep Sound - On or Off
- Shutter Sound - Off, 1, 2, 3
- Start Sound - Off, 1, 2, 3
- AF Sound - On or Off
- Start Image - Off, Logo, User Image
- Grid Line - 2x2, 3x3, +, X
- Display Brightness - Auto, Dark, Normal, Bright
- Quick View - Off, 0.5, 1, 3 seconds
- Power Save - On or Off
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) - On or Off
- HDMI Size - 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- Video Out - NTSC or PAL format
- USB mode - Computer, Printer, Select Mode
- PC Software - On or Off
- Language - Choose the language used in menus
- Time Zone - Choose your time zone
- Date & Time - Set the internal clock/calendar
- Date Type - Choose how date is displayed.
- File No. - Series or Reset
- Auto Rotate - On or Off
- Imprint - Off, Date or Date & Time
- Auto Power Off - Off, 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes
- AF Lamp - Turn the AF assist lamp On of Off
- Format - Format the memory card/internal memory
- Reset - Return all settings to factory defaults
- Touch Calibration - Calibrate the touchscreen LCD
The ST700 also offers a digital sound recorder function.
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.
Pick up a spare or replacement USB cable for your digital camera or camcorder today. Transfers images and data between camera and PC by USB port.
Samsung USB Cable HZ50W TL350 HZ30W CL80 ST600 ST80 TL105 Pl200 Tl210 Tl205 Sl605 Sl600 Pl20 Pl120 St95 St65 St700 Sh100 St90 Pl170 Pl210 Wb210 Wb700 - Samsung EA-CB20U12/EP.
GTMax BIRUGEAR Black Bluetooth Wireless Mini Keyboard with Stylus Pen (Silver Black Red) For Acer ICONIA W510/ W700/ A110; Asus VivoTab RT, Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T; Arnova 7 G2; Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ 9, Nook HD 7; Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro / RT; Samsung ATIV TAB
Bluetooth HID Wireless Mini Keyboard For PS3/iPad/iPhone 4G/iPod Touch 4G/PC/HTPC - Black Bluetooth Ver.2.0. A Bluetooth Wireless Adapter (NOT INCLUDED).
Introducing DURAGADGET 's new rigid EVA zip pouch for your expensive digital camera.