Playback Screens & Menus
To enter playback mode, you simply press the "Play" button which is located on the leading edge above the LCD. This will display the last video or image captured. On the left hand side of the LCD you will see the lineup of icons used for deleting files, starting a slide show, entering Index view, and the Menu.
The File Information option allows you to display extended shot information (ISO, Aperture, shutter speed, etc.) on either the main or front LCD screens. The default option is off.
Using your zoom toggle to wide angle takes you to the
index page. Here you are able to scroll through stored files by either 9, 16, or 36 thumbnail images at a time. Touching a thumbnail, or pressing the telephoto zoom control will open a specific file full screen.
Here you can see the ST700 in Magnify mode. You can zoom in on a photo up to 10.2x to critically inspect elements of a photo (sharpness, etc.). As you zoom in, a small box (top right) shows you the area of the photo that you are currently viewing. You can then touch and drag the photo to move around inside the enlarged area. The ST700 also offers the option for you to cut a photo from the zoom in portion, by pressing the scissors button to the left.
Movies can be played back inside the camera, and you also have the option of sending video output to either an standard TV or HDTV with the optional AV and HDMI cables.
The controls available include rewind, pause, fast-forward, and volume control.
The scissors icon allows you to edit the length of a movie by cutting the beginning or end of the video clip. you simply move the blue and orange tabs at the top to get just the clip you want.
Playback menu options:
- Delete - Select file or All
- Start Slide Shot - Start an automated slide show of your files
- Protect - save files from deletion
- Resize - Make an image smaller
- Rotate - Rotate an image for proper display by 90 or 180 degrees
- Face List - Displays the registered faces the camera has detected
- File Information - Choose to add extended shot info to the main or front LCD during image playback
- Set the direct print settings
- Copy to Card - Copy files from internal memory to the memory card
- Gesture View - Enable or disable the ability to "draw" on the LCD to sort files, rotate, delete, etc.
Lastly, the ST700 offers a Photo Editor app, which gives you the ability to alter or enhance the look of your photos right in the camera.
The available options include:
- Smart Filter - Off, Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Old Film 1/2/, Half Tone Dot, Fish-eye, Defog, Classic, Retro, Negative, Custom RGB
- Face Retouch
- Red-eye Fix
Visitors of Steves can visit the stores below for real-time pricing and availability. You can also find hot, soon to expire online offers on a variety of cameras and accessories at our very own Camera Deals page.